Yes, it appears as though our little family has been graced with yet another miracle. And as if Abby wasn't more than we could have ever hoped for! It is the most welcome surprise ever, being pregnant naturally, especially after what we had to go through to conceive Abby and Madison. Although I must admit, I am discovering that we certainly are not the first family to conceive naturally after IVF. As a matter of fact, it is apparently quite common! Who knew pregnancy could be the cure for infertility? At least in some cases anyways.
So I am just about 7 weeks along and I imagine you are wondering why I would dare announce this pregnancy to the entire blog world so early on. Well, here's my take on the subject...
You see, I used to be one of those wait-until-you're-safely-out-of-the-first- trimester-until-you-tell-anyone-you-are-pregnant kind of people. That is, until I was finally pregnant for the first time. The minute I found out, I wanted to shout it from the rooftops...and I basically did, mind you. But once it finally happened to me, and because we had to go through so much to get there, I just felt like we should celebrate it...Every. Single. Day. No matter if it lasted 6 weeks, 16 weeks or 36 weeks (or in my case, 28). And so, that's what we did.
I've been thinking long and hard for a couple of weeks now about when and how I would post our news on my blog. And again, I am feeling that I want to shout it from the rooftops. And so, again, I am! I mean seriously, when I think about it, what if I didn't talk about it, and then something awful happened? Would I never talk about? Would I just go on pretending that it never happened? Probably not. So, why not let the world in on our little secret and celebrate this new miracle for as long as we possibly can!
I am not trying to justify telling you all so early, but if you've read our story, certainly you know the last pregnancy wasn't exactly what a first-time pregnant mommy would hope for. So this one? Well, this one will be different. This one will be long. 37 weeks long, hopefully. And this one will be boring. Yes, I said boring.
A long and boring pregnancy. That's not to much to ask for now, is it?
20 comments:
I am so stoked for you! :) Congrats and you are making me want another one by the way! I know I am crazy. :) You deserve a boring pregnancy! I can't wait to see all the updates and the new miracles cute lil face! Maybe a boy this time. That would be cool! We shall see.
Here is to a long and boring pregnancy...loooooong.
CELEBRATION time! Congrats to you guys! SOOOO EXCITED for you guys :)
~Elyse
I am sooo excited for you!! You know, I guessed it happened "the old-fashioned way" because I too have known at least a couple of people for whom that has happened after IVF - however it happened, it's a miracle and we're so excited and thrilled and everything else! Praying for a long, healthy and DULLSVILLE pregnancy!!
Heather
I will pray for a long and boring pregnancy for you. :)
cant wait to hear all the boring details of your second & god willing normal pregnancy. Hugs, ML
I totally agree with you!
My first pregnancy I announced it as soon as I found out because I was SO excited and shocked. Pregnancy #2, I waited until about week 14/16 til I more than just close friends and family. With pregnancy #3 (if it ever happened) I would take the same approach. I think I've learned so much over the past year and a half and I try to celebrate every day for what it is and would wanna do the same for the pregnancy whether it lasted full term or not.
I totally agree with you on this one--a miracle is a miracle, whether it lasts for 6 weeks or 36 and beyond! It is your child, and something to be GREATLY celebrated!
Ugh, I am just so, so happy for you both!
Congratulations! We are so very very very excited and happy for you! That is totally awesome! We are so thrilled for you! Oh my gosh, what a wonderful surprise! We are celebrating all the way in NY! Hip, hip, hooray! Here's to boring!
Absolutely a miracle! How very exciting! We are similar in so many ways! And yes! After the pregnancy and experience you had last time you totally deserve a long, normal, boring, full-term, bring your chunky baby home when you are discharged kind of pregnancy! That's what we're praying for over here. =)
I can't wait to follow your pregnancy and to find out if Abby's going to have a baby brother or sister.
Congratulations Stacie & Brian!
Mike & I are thrilled for you
Jean E
cute header.
Woooohoooo!!!! I'm so very excited for you and your little family! What another miracle, indeed (all babies are)!!!
Welcome back and I so look forward to reading all your pregger updates as you progress through this pregnancy! Sending hugs and prayers your way!!!
PS Welcome back and love the pix!
Oh I am so happy for all of you, Abby will have a sibling ...
Stacie!!! I am so glad I decided to hop on the computer before going to bed tonight. I have tears streaming down my face like a big baby! I am beyond excited... I knew this would happen! I've had that feeling for awhile! I am so sorry we haven't been able to chat. I've been without cell phone for awhile! It has been miserable...I know you understand with the laptop but my cell is my lifeline to the world. So this week I finally got a new iPhone. I am calling you Sunday or Monday and we ARE getting together ASAP so you can meet little Mackenzie and I can see u and Abby. I miss u!!! Talk soon...cheers to a 37+ week, boring pregnancy!!
Though we are hoping for a long boring pregnancy, here's the "Miracle" health and happiness!
Enjoy! And Congrats!
words cant even express how happy this makes me! it gives me MAJOR hope that we can concieve on our own after our peanuts arrival.
congrats, again! and wishing you the most boring pregnancy ever recorded!!
Sweet! I saw your recap comment on Mckmama's site and wanted to come check you out.
Now that I've read this post, I understand exactly why you're already crowing, and am shouting out a huge CONGRATS to you!
I'll be checking back on you.
Oh I just got around to looking at the latest blog postings and found this wonderful and exciting news. So, a big congrats about your future addition to the family! Seems that good things are going your way. The world needs more redheads you know!
Loves from Auntie Linda and Terry
Stacie, I am new to your blog, but I just had to say how thrilled I am for you. I've been browsing and reading a bit of your story, and this is such an amazing blessing. Praying with you for a long, BORING preganncy - the very best kind!
Post a Comment