Monday, March 29, 2010

We're a bunch of sickies

We are all sick over here. None of us are feeling well, but luckily, it's just a nasty cold bug we have here in our house. The doctor confirmed that on Friday with the girls. And speaking of that...

Abby, who turned 19 months last week (she's 16 months adjusted) weighs 27 pounds and is 33.5 inches tall. She's pretty much wearing 24-month to 2T sizes now, with the exception of a few 18-month favs that I still squeeze her into. She's as healthy as can be, except for the nasty cold.



Lilly turned 3 months old last week (she's 1 month adjusted), and much to my surprise tipped the scale at 11 pounds 4 ounces. Out of nowhere she had a crazy growth spurt and now is 23.5 inches tall. I can't even believe how many things she has already grown out of. We are still trying to get her issues under control...like sleeping for more than 3 hours at night. We've switched formulas, and have started adding probiotics to her bottle in hopes of making her more comfortable. I have laid off of the Zantac because it just didn't seem like it was doing any good. And the thrush is getting under control. Everything else is on the up-and-up with her, with the exception that she has to have an echocardiogram done. What used to be an intermittant heart murmur has turned into a tiny bit of concern,so the doctor wants to make sure there is nothing major going on, other than the usual preemie/newborn stuff.




They are both as cute as can be and I couldn't be more in love with anything as I am with them.

6 comments:

Membership Required said...

Well wishes from Texas!!! Both so cute. Abby weighs as much as Travis!! Way to go Abby! Look at that sweet Lilly.She actually looks like she has brown hair in that picture. I will be praying that her heart is healed. ML

Machelle said...

What on earth are you feeding that girl?! 27 lbs?! GO ABBY! Mine are only 24 and maybe 25 lbs. I hope that Lily and her heart murmur work out for the best! Your girls are just too cute!

k said...

Those are some CUTE kids.

The mom of 4 monkeys! said...

So cute!!!
Just a little something I wanted to share. I have two children who have had reflux and zantac didn't work for either. The specialist told me that zantac only works in about 50% of babies. Previcid was, and still is for the baby, a miracle drug! You may want to ask about switching her.
Good luck and I hope you all feel much better soon!

Beth said...

I love the pix, and hope you all feel better soon! I know B was on Prevacid for his reflux, so perhaps you might give that a try.

Kristi said...

Hey. The girls look great! We just took Luke off prevacid, it worked great for what we assume is reflux, he started eating while on it, but could not sleep, had lots of belly pain, etc. BUT it might be worth a try to see if it helps. We knew the first night it was not going to work for sleeping, but tried it for three weeks anyway (hoping we were wrong). So if you try it and she goes bananas it is the prevacid, but a lot of moms love it.

Please let me know if you need anything regarding her heart. We are praying it is just the branch pulmonary artery or something equally benign. Are you going to see Dr. Berdjis? As you know we ended up doing everything at CHLA, so let me know if you want any docs there - I think we ended up knowing most of them by the time we moved.

Prayers and well wishes for health and a healthy heart.

xoxo,
Kristi