After 4 long months of midnight and 3am feedings, Lilly slept in her crib, in her room, until 5am.
And tonight, as I lay her in her crib to sleep, it hit me. I have 2 children here on this Earth (and of course my sweet baby Madison in Heaven)...
But Abby and Lilly...here with me now...big enough and old enough, to sleep in their own rooms.
In their own beds.
Without their Mommy.
All night.
Seriously, When did they grow up?
And more importantly, when did I?
10 comments:
Your post made me smile! =)
Sweet and bittersweet emotions about baby sleep. I hear ya sister. But soon you'll be putting A in her big girl bed and than L. It goes by SO quick. Hugs, ML
It's so exciting to watch your babies grow, but there are so many times you wish you could just slow time down a little... make them be babies for just a little while longer:)
I will absolutely send the book your way once we're done with it. We're soooo very close to potty training, so once I'm well-versed in it - it'll head your way:)
Congrats Lilly! We are still up at night. We weren't, but then we had a major routine interruption for a week and we are back at it! I think I will be heartbroken though when we really do sleep thru the night, although probably operating on more cylinders! Congrats on such big girls and an awesome mommy!!
So sweet! It is an exciting time to see them grow but it is sad at the same time. I wonder where my wrinkles and grey hair come from!
So, so true! I've had those same thoughts!! Our little guy isn't sleeping through the night at 6 months though! Time really does fly by so I try and enjoy all the moments...even the sleepless ones! :)
Congrats to you for your two kiddo's sleeping through the night.
Kristi.. he'll get there :)
So bittersweet, isn't it? The time just flies....so sweet to watch all of their milestones, yet wishing they'd be little forever! Lola has slept in her own crib the past several nights *sniff*; it's hard not having her right next to me, yet I am enjoying the sleep...
Great job sweet baby girl...
Your post made me smile...and then cry. You are right. Our kids do grow up so quickly. Even though we know that and try to savor every moment, time still flies by. Congrats on Lilly sleeping better, though. I know you will feel better :)
Post a Comment