Monday, September 28, 2009
13 Month Well Visit
Abby had her well visit last Friday. It had been 2 months, so technically I guess you could say this was her 1 year checkup, just a month late. And I don't know if it can really be called a well visit anyways, considering she was still fighting that nasty cold she had and as it turns out, has an ear infection too. That didn't really surprise me though, considering her nose has been so runny. Abby weighed 22 pounds and was 30 inches tall. That's the 50th percentile for her weight and 75th for her height. I guess that means she's tall and thin! She sure feels like she weighs more than 22 pounds. They had run out of flu shots so I will have to take her back in a week or 2 for both the seasonal flu and the swine flu shots. And the doc is submitting a request for the RSV vaccine again this year, although she doesn't think we will get approved for that one. I am really hoping we do, especially after reading this post over on Machelle's blog. I have a quick visit with my OB today, and will be asking about the flu/swine flu shots for me as well. I've heard some scary stats about pregnant women and the swine flu lately. Anyhow, we got the ok to start on whole milk, and egg whites and strawberries are now ok too. I was pretty excited about the milk because that darn formula is just so expensive. I was actually pretty happy about the egg whites too, since now I won't have to make 2 separate batches in the morning anymore (that's the lazy pregnant lady coming out in me there). As for the walking, she is taking about 7 or 8 steps at a time, before she realizes what she's doing and gets so excited that she falls down. I've taken some video of it, but can't for the life of me figure out how to get them on the computer. I guess it's time to get out the user guide. Well, I'm off to the doc soon, but in the meantime, here's a couple of picures of Abby playing outside yesterday.











Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Such a squeezer!!!
Absolutely Adorable!!!
OH I just want to hug her! She is adorable!!! I love the dress...LOVE it! (I am addicted to green, can ya tell?!) Yeah, we do not get the RSV shots this year either, I am bummed. We are just staying in. We too have to get the flu shots...the girls have to get 4 each?! Can you believe it?! Again, LOVE the dress!! Our girls weigh the same and are the same heights, talk about catching up eh?! PS where did you get that dress? {grin}
oh my she is absolutely adorable! That hair... oh delish!
we have the same dress... isn't it cute! :)
Britt
Love her! What a cutie! Ella weighed exactly the same at 1 year-love the cute, pudgy thighs...Ella still has some thigh pudge which is still so cute!
Give Abby hugs and kisses from us...hope you are feeling well! xoxo
So cute! Big girl! That whole milk switch is wonderful...that was when I started to wean from bfing. Just wanted to mention that if you havent already switched her to full time sippy you might want to do that now as you are switching to whole milk and also with the other baby coming. This will make getting off the bottle easier and you will want her to understand that bottles are for baby and big girls use sippys just so you dont have bottle drama when new sister comes. I had introduced sippy at about 8 months with Campbell but she only got bm or water in it on occassion. Than when I weaned I dropped a feeding every three days and threw in the sippy w/milk in replace. Piece of cake. Also than when it was time for brother to get sippy cups for trial (7 months this time) We ditched the sippy so that there was no sippy drama. She loved going to big girl cup. I only mention all this because it is something to think about as you venture closer to new baby arrival. Loved the pictures. I love love her dress. hugs, ML
Post a Comment