Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tidbits

We survived the Thanksgiving holiday, thankfully. I am now on the countdown to hospital bedrest and feel as though I have a million things to do, and yet I don't feel like doing a darn thing. I would make a list, heck maybe even whine about it all on my blog, but I don't even feel like doing that. That's just how lazy I am feeling these days.

There really hasn't been too much excitement since my appendectomy. I think I am almost back to normal, just a little sore here and there. As a matter of fact, my appointment yesterday at the perinatologist went so well, he went so far as to say I could increase my activity! I still have to "take it easy", but for all intents and purposes, bedrest is over. And all that really means is, I can keep doing what I've been doing, I just don't have to feel guilty about it anymore. Seriously...bedrest with a 15 month old running around? It's practically impossible. Anyhow, baby looked as though she was doing great and weighed 2 pounds 10 ounces. Wow. I've never had a baby that big in my belly! Hopefully she'll keep gaining and be a big and chubby 35-weeker when she is born.

Abby has been a hoot lately. Out of nowhere she has started talking up a storm. She points at what she wants and makes funny little noises. When I ask her if she is hungry, she stops whatever she is doing and walks into the kitchen to stand next to her chair at the table. If she wants a snack, she points to the top of the fridge (that's where we keep her snacks). Now I can tell her to go get something (ball, monkey, etc) and sure enough, she knows exactly what I am talking about and will go get it. It was like someone flipped a switch overnight and she went from being a baby to a little girl.

A few months ago Brian bought her these adorable pink Converse Hightops that, at the time, were too big for her. I put them in the closet and forgot about them for the longest time. I have a bad habit of putting things away that are still too big and then remembering them when it's too late and she has outgrown them. But alas, I remembered the shoes and they fit her perfectly. And seriously...they are the cutest thing I have ever seen. See for yourself...










5 comments:

Machelle said...

Congrats about getting to do more and off of bed rest for a bit!! I LOVE LOVE her shoes and I think I may need to go and purchase some for my girls! I agree, a switch went off. Our girls are the same way! Makes things MUCH easier to know what they want and them being able to tell us a little bit more. Gosh you are going to have a big baby! I hope our next pregnancy allows us to go full term! You are doing so great!!

Beth said...

LOVE the shoes! I tried to get Braydon a pair, but his chunky feet are too fat to fit:) I love it!

I'm happy you, Abby, baby, and Brian are doing well!

Erin W said...

OMG.. she is too cute. Those shoes seem to suit her personality quite well if you ask me.

As for everything else... Great news! Sounds like you might have a chunker in there already. I just love hoe God works :)

H. said...

Yay! So happy things are going well...and baby is getting bigger each day!
As for Abby, well, she is just the cutest! Love her shoes! Ella had those in the "low-top" version...what size does Abby wear? I have a bunch of size 5 shoes I'd be happy to send your way...also, any need for 2T summer clothes for her? If you want some more hand-me downs just let me know! My e-mail is
hopestevens@sbcglobal.net
You are doing so great!
Love to all!

LucieP said...

hey mama, I have been thinking about you a lot lately.

I can't believe how big she is getting...! I love the shoes...and I love that daddy bought them for her!

My friend's little boy who was born at 29 weeks will be one in a month. How does time go by so fast?!

I do the same thing with clothes and shoes...lately, I have found myself going through my stash more often because I missed out on some cute 18 month outfits...oh well-the better to hand down...

Glad to hear you're healing and feeling well!