Thursday, August 26, 2010

More Bits and Pieces

So you're up to speed (sort of) on Abby, so how about a little bit of Lilly now? Well, she just turned 8 months (6 months adjusted), which is almost impossible for me to believe. It really seems like just yesterday that she made her dramatic entrance into this world. And she's doing pretty darn good...considering where she started. She's tipping the scale at 20 pounds. She's quite the chunk! She is super tall too and is in the 90th percentile for both height and weight... unadjusted, thankyouverymuch. Her hair is getting thick and is really starting to look as red as Abbys. She has completely mastered sitting on her own and she's up on all fours and rocking, so I'd bet she'll be crawling in a matter of days. She makes her way around the room though usually on her knees and belly, and usually backwards, but whatever, she gets where she wants to go. Her eyes have turned to a light brownish-greenish color. I am not really sure exactly what to call it. She's wearing mostly 12 month size clothes. I still put her in some 9 month stuff, but honestly, it's getting pretty snug. She's eating stage 2 foods, but we haven't started meat yet...still just veggies and fruits. She's recovering from a nasty cough and spent the last 10 days taking an antibiotic so it didn't turn into something worse. She hasn't slept through the night in a couple of months now, and I am looking forward to when we get back on track with that. But she's cute as a button...loves her big sis...loves being outside and could spend all day in the Bjorn if Mommy's back could hold up that long. I haven't been very good at taking pictures this summer...but here's one from Abby's birthday...

4 comments:

Beth said...

Absolutely adorable!

Heather said...

Precious! And she looks so much like her big sister! Glad she is doing well. Hopefully the sleeping will get better soon.

Devin said...

So good to have you BACK! Been wondering about you and your two precious girls. I can't believe that much time has gone by--they are both as sweet as they were the last time you posted! :)

Kelly said...

I had to do a double take to make sure you didn't post a picture of Abby! They look so much alike! Lily is beautiful! It's nice to see that she's doing so well. She has passed up Addy in height and weight and she's nearly 10 months old! Go Lily! Go!