Friday, August 8, 2008
Fetal Fibronectin test today
After some not-so-great news about my cervix yesterday (it has shortened to 1.6cm from 2.7cm on Monday), I will be heading to the doc today for another FFN test. Fetal Fibronectin is a protein they test for and if present, is a predictor of impending labor. They say a negative result indicates a 99% chance I will NOT go into labor in the next 2 weeks. Factoring in all of my circumstances, a positive result (which is much less reliable than the negative) will give me a 40% chance of labor in the next 2 weeks, and will also probably win me another stay at Hotel Hoag (the hospital)...for the remainder of my pregnancy. Ugh. The good news is, Abigail looked great on the ultrasound yesterday, the bad news is, it is just WAY too soon for her to come. Today I am 26 weeks 4 days. We REALLY need a negative! Fingers crossed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hello Bedrest friend of mine. Just know I will pray for a negative but there have been cases of a positive not ending up in delivery. So mind over matter if positive! Chin up and Praises that Abigail is doing so wonderfully. Misses & Hugs. ML
Praying hard for a negative!!! I had my FFN at 30 weeks because my cervix was 1.6... wonder if that's the magic number? :) Mine was negative and now my cervix is 1.1 as of almost 2 weeks ago. Is your cervix still high and closed? You can make it 8 more weeks!!
brittany
Praying for negative! You are all doing so well whether you think so or not! Love, prayers and hugs!
Love,
Heather, Jason, the little As
Post a Comment