Friday, August 8, 2008

They couldn't do the test!!!

Turns out they couldn't do the test today. I won't bore you with the details but unfortunately there are other issues going on (nothing serious) that may have messed with the results. Instead they sent me to the hospital for monitoring while they (the OB and peri) debated whether to admit me or not. I am sure the look on my face made it very clear to them that I did not want to stay there. Anyhow, I was having a lot of contractions, of which some I definitely felt and others not at all, so they gave me some Procardia which seemed to settle things down. After many hours of observation I am back home again. The Procardia seems to do the trick, so I will stay on that for a few weeks and see how things go. Most importantly, Abigail is still doing great. Nothing suspicious on the monitor, but she did have the hiccups a lot! Next ultrasound is Monday morning.

Enough about me already. How about the Olympics? I am watching the Opening Ceremonies now. I was a little annoyed at Yahoo all day today because they kept posting medal counts and stories before the darn TV coverage had even started! I mean, can't they have a spoiler alert or something before they just put it all out there? I guess I'll have to change my homepage for a while. I am rooting for Michael Phelps to win lots of gold (I know his Aunt through work, even though for the longest time I didn't even know she was his Aunt.) There's also a female wrestler named Marcie Van Duesen whom we are hoping does well. She has ties to the firefighters and we played in a golf tournament a couple of years ago to raise money for her to get to China. I sure hope she made it there (female wrestling doesn't get top billing so I haven't heard). Can you tell I am a little excited to have something on TV other than reality shows and re-runs? I'll say this much, bedrest in the summertime stinks if you're a TV watcher. Ok, it's late and I had a long day, so it's off to sleep now...

1 comment:

Membership Required said...

Nice talking with you today. By the way...the strawberry shake (wishing it was chocolate for you) was AMAZING!! Glad you were able to get rid of contractions and that they were able to send you home. Most importantly that Abigail continues to strive so well. Heads up with Gymnastics. No more perfect 10, it is perfect 16's but you may know this already if Yahoo is your home page. Ditch them for the time being. I have Cox as my home page so I can know what is going on in the hot desert. Have a good weekend. Talk to you live soon. XO, ML