Monday, August 4, 2008

Home is where the heart is.

Just a quick update...after a few drama-free days last week we were admitted back into the hospital on Friday. They wanted to monitor Abigail's heartbeat after the ultrasound on Friday. It was purely a precaution. They said if I was any other patient they would have just sent me home, but given the circumstances they are being extra careful. Anyhow, after 3 days of constant fetal monitoring she convinced the doctors that she is just fine and doing exactly what she should be at her gestational age. Today's ultrasound showed normal fluid levels, normal dopplers and normal heartbeat. Cervix is still shortened so strict bedrest continues to be a must.

It feels really good to be home without all the machines and poking and proding. Not to mention I am back online again. How can a hospital with a brand new maternity wing not have internet??? An amazing view of the Pacific Ocean, yes. But internet and cable TV in the rooms? Nope. Well, I take that back, you can pay a daily fee for cable (and yes...we did...we had to be able to see the Angels vs. Yankees series after all!)

So that's it from here for now. Hopefully now that I am home I can post updates more often. We are all hanging in there and trying to do the best we can for Abigail. Brian has just been amazing but he's exhausted. And in between the worries and taking care of me he has to go to work and save lives. Poor guy. We're 26 weeks today and counting! And praying for another 8 or 10...

3 comments:

Membership Required said...

Glad to see your post. Resting at home has it's perks. Glad Abigail is doing well. We are continuing to pray for you. As for us, we are as gearing up for our first Tropical Storm/hurricane. I had been teasing Lance that I was disappointed that we moved here and no 'canes. Now I am getting a tad nervous. Your turn to pray for us. :) Take it easy and know if I could hug you I would.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys and gals...
Glad you are home; resting, auctioning and blogging. You are in our hearts.
Jud, Mandy, and Grady

Homegrown Tribe said...

I FINALLY added you to my google reader so I can check out your updates. Glad to hear it's going well... praying for many many more weeks. :)

brittany