Sunday, May 17, 2009

The W.B.C.

Well Baby Checkup. I had all but forgotten about it. After all, it has been 2 months since our last one! But last Friday was Abby's 8-month (yes, we're a month behind) well baby checkup. She weighed in at 17 pounds 8 ounces. She's 27 inches tall. She is in the 50th percentile for both her height and weight, and that's based on her real age. And although the 50% percentile (I suppose) is considered "average", if you ask me, our little fighter is anything but average.



They gave us the go-ahead to add meats and a little bit of dairy to her diet (yogurt, cheese, etc.). She is loving the yogurt so far and tonight we will try some chicken for the first time. I don't know why I am so excited about it, but I am! Her second bottom tooth has also now appeared and I am quite certain that the two top ones are getting close as well.

And now I will leave you with pictures taken during playtime this afternoon...





4 comments:

Membership Required said...

I so love a girl with a bow and so I was so excited to see Miss Abigail sporting a bow in her hair today. Yeah for growth and all that comes with it. The picture of her standing nearly took my breath away as I reflected on just how far she has come. Man to think she is old enough and strong enough to do such big baby things. Sigh! On yogurt give the yo baby yogurt a try. Organic and none of the artificial colors like the others. When doing meats boil or bake and puree in own juices. Stry to shred or pull when hot. Also do legs as babies tend to like the dark meat over white...more flavor. At the grocery look and see if you can get turkey legs. These are so yummy and easy plus you will get lots of meat off of the legs. if she tolerates meat well try mixing in a veggie or fruit with your puree. For example pork and apples, sweet potato and chicken. Just some thoughts. Hope you have had a great weekend. Hugs to all. ML.
PS. if I came out I think I would only get to do a weekend turn around and I think I might just bring Travis as he is free. Let me know what weekends you might have open that is if you are feeling up to out of towners.

Elyse said...

Abigail is certainly adorable! She is adorable and a mighy good grower :) YAY for the good report from the WBC!
~Elyse

Machelle said...

Awesome report!! Mine LOVE meats so I am sure your baby girl will as well! Yogurt they tend to not like because it is so cold but if I let it sit for 5 minutes then they take to it. I use Yo Baby with cereal. AND I almost died when is saw her standing so well!! Awesome job to her! Mine tend to fall because they stand on their tippy toes from the exerciser. Does she like the toy she is holding onto?? I was thinking about getting something like that. CUTE CUTE CUTE baby girl! I love the photos as well.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

what a big girl abby is! i love the pink bow in her hair.