Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shameless Plug

First off, before I get to the shameless plug, I noticed I have been getting a lot of traffic recently today from this site. I don't know how they got word of the bittersweet story of Abigail and Madison, but nonetheless, they have added our button to their blog and requested prayers for our baby Abigail...and for that, I am grateful (and quite humbled if I am being honest). If you go to their site and scroll down to this past Sunday's entry, you will see the request. It is also in their sidebar. Like I said, I don't know who they are or how they heard of us, but certainly, they are doing us all quite a service with their blog. So, please check it out.

No, ehem, that was not the shameless plug, in case you thought it might be.

Secondly, last night we went to the Angels game. This officer and gentleman sang the National Anthem and God Bless America. I wanted to ask him if I could take a picture of him with Abby, but I was so afraid she might toss her cookies all over his crisp, white uniform, that I didn't ask. Instead, we just snuck a picture of her right behind him.



We actually did speak briefly to his wife, and she was very sweet. But he seemed a little preoccupied with the whole singing-in-front-of-thousands-of-people-in-his-uniform-on-Memorial-Day thing, so we didn't want to bother him.

Thirdly, if that's even a word, I have been meaning to write a series of posts that I think I will call "Reflections". You see, I recently realized that I wrote very little about the birth of our girls, and the weeks leading up to their birth while I was in the hospital, without the internet. And now that I look back and see what I did write, I realize it didn't make a whole lot of sense. The grammar is terrible. And what's with switching back and forth from "I this and that" to speaking in the third person? I'll tell ya...those were some serious drugs I was on at the time. And although the memories are fresh in my head like it was yesterday, I know in time, they are bound to fade, and I want to be sure I have documented the actual events for Abigail to read someday. So soon...when I can put on a brave face and talk about those days, and when Abby allows me the time to do it, look for my Reflections.

Now. With all the business out of the way, it is time for my Shameless Plug. Once upon a time (until yesterday, actually), I could never really get behind multi-level marketing and direct sales. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I mean, I know lots of people are very successful with Partylite and The Pampered Chef and Cookie Lee and all that, it's just never something I thought I could do. I am not really a go-getter type. I've always sort of lived by the motto "I don't want to buy anything sold or processed. I don't want to process anything sold or bought. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed" (yes, that's a quote from the movie Say Anything). Honestly, I have never wanted to sell anything. Period. No, I would rather fix things. You know...like problems...other people's problems. No wonder I've always been in customer service, training, etc. I'm a problem solver. A happy-people maker. That's right. I admit it. I like people to be happy.

So recently, I've been thinking about what would make me happy. Selfish, isn't it? One thing I know that makes me happy (besides the obvious husband, daughter, roof over my head, family...you get the idea), is wine. Yes, I admit it, wine makes me happy. I find it relaxing to have a glass of wine now and again. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't abuse the wine, but I do find a nice glass of vino refreshing and enjoyable every now and again. .

Have I gotten totally off the subject?

Well...I've mentioned MLM and direct sales, and I've mentioned wine...so No! I guess I haven't.

(here comes the shameless plug)

Drumroll pleeeeaaaassseeee....

I have signed up with a direct sales, multi-level marketing company called WineShop at Home. That's right folks! I have become an Independent Wine Consultant! I have been contemplating work for some time now, trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to do. Something that would give me the freedom to work when I want to work, and something that I am actually interested in. Again...no offense to The Pampered Chef (although I don't cook much), and none to Cookie Lee either (although I don't wear much jewelry...they are a jewelry company, right?).

Anyhow, on with the plug...as a consultant I get my own little business website, which I have decided to call My Branch of the Vine.

"We" do in-home wine tastings.

"We" offer personalized labels to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, you name it.

"We" have a premier wine club that allows you to get these fabulous artisan wines delivered right to your door every month, and for a very reasonable price, I might add...compared to some of those other Napa Valley wineries.

So, if you are interested in wine, in any way (i.e. hosting a party, joining the club, designing a private label for an upcoming special event), please, visit my website. If you are someone looking for a way to bring in a little extra income to the household, please, please, visit my website. Or, if possibly, you are a stay-at-home-mom looking to go back to work on your terms, please please please, visit my website.

You can email me too at mybranchofthevine@hotmail.com. I can't wait to hear from you!

Now...how's that for a shameless plug?

7 comments:

Devin said...

Not shameless at all! After all, this is your blog, right? :-)

I just wanted to give you a bit of encouragement in this area. I was a very successful legal secretary, right out of college--and one night, I went to a PartyLite candle party. I began a home business 2 weeks later, and exactly 6 weeks after that, I left my full-time job to pursue an at home business--being 'the candle lady'.

Everyone thought I was crazy--giving up such a 'wonderful job' for something that 'never, ever works after you get outside your own circle of friends and no one wants to have parties for you anymore'--but I am here to tell you that there are lots of success stories in these kinds of at home businesses. I am one of them.

I was a consultant and leader with PL for 6 years, until right after I had Cameron. I decided right after I found out that I was pregnant with Ethan (exactly 5 months later :-)) that I wanted to devote all of my hours to the boys, and left the business. But, while I continued to work (about 25-30 hours per week) I was making between 30 and 35,000 per year.

You can do it, and you can be successful! It is fun, it is a lot of hard work, but it is also very rewarding. I wish you nothing but the best in this new venture Stacy!!

Membership Required said...

Love your shameless plug! I'd book a party as I know I have gotten you to buy some MK from me in the past but I think I might live to far away to host but if you can buy as an individual than I will do so. Wine...yum! So cute holding her up to his backside. Makes for a cute memory. Now for the story on Safe Haven. I admit it....it was me. I found this site on a blog that I visit called the self family (they are on my side bar.) I was reading a post of her's from Wednesday before memorial day about purses and after posting for the give away I went back up to look at the safe haven button she had on her side bar. I clicked on it and was delivered to a world of prayer. I was in awe of there commitment to pray for babies/families around the world. I clicked on "beginnings" on their side bar and read how they were started. Then I posted a comment....I mentioned your site and how you were my best friend and how I had tried to spread the word of you (& brian) and the girls. I wasnt sure that it would go any where other than under their comments but than low and behold this morning I see your site and you talking about them.
I hope you arent upset.
Hugs, ML

Machelle said...

Goodness, not shameless at all! I want to give you a wahoo in going into this for YOU. I mean you do need something that makes you happy (other than baby, wife, house, etc). I did Mary Kay for a bit, but I am not a great sales person come to find out!! You can do it if you dream big! I wish you much success!!

Also I read on another blog that you are doing yogurt?? Are you doing organic? What kind? Etc? I think that would help mine and the poop issues. And I agree as well that as soon as we started solids, their reflux is almost gone completely and they do not need meds any more!

Machelle said...

Yeah your baby girl can eat!!! I wish mine ate more! I will try some of those finger foods, thanks. Kenzie is more ready than Brooke. But when I saw Mackenzie grab food off her tray and put it in her mouth and chew and swallow I was so happy! She loved the puffs that we gave her today. Brooke still gags a lot (probably the texture). I tried to yoyo baby and they hate the taste of it! I tried it and did not like it either. Does it taste funny because it is organic?? Also, do you have her on a feeding schedule?? We eat every 4 hours and that seems to do the trick most of the time. I just wish they would eat more at lunch because they usually wake up early from their second nap because they are hungry. Ok, I should go. Thanks for the tips!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Hey -- found your blog through Simple Yet Classic. Do you live in LA area? I'd be interested in hearing more information about a wine tasting party. Email me at newlywedsnextdoor@gmail.com

Chic Runner said...

Ah! So excited for another OC blogger! There are none out here it seems. Love your story and I'll be following along now too. Nice to 'meet' you :)

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

Oh, another little Angels fan! We went to the game Friday night. I think the boys like the fireworks more than the game, though. :)