Sunday, April 24, 2011

More bits and pieces of Easter

Well, the phone rang at 6:45am this morning and sure enough they were calling Brian into work.  And even though they were having the traditional Easter feast at the station, they didn't have the families come. So our plans changed and we went to my sister's house without him, and skipped Grandma and Grandpa's since Brian couldn't go and hopefully we will be able to celebrate Easter with his parents later this week.

I was all excited because the weather has been nice lately. And even though I am always very good at using hand-me-downs for the holidays, I couldn't pass up these little dresses and shoes from Target.  So I got the girls all decked out in matching outfits and was really hoping to get a nice picture of them together and one of all of us. But since Brian wasn't there, I didn't even take the camera out of the car and the weather was cloudy and cold so they had to wear sweaters and well...it was just one big bust. 

I am happy that my new phone takes pretty decent pictures and I am even more happy about the fact that I figured out how to email them to my computer (I'm a newbee to smartphones and really don't have a clue how they work).  Anyways, back to Easter...I had a really hard time getting the girls to stand together AND smile together, and well, it was just another big bust!   

I think Lilly turned her head away on purpose...like she does for most pictures.



Again. Abby excited to be holding Lilly in her lap.  Lils...well, I think the look on her face pretty much sums up how she felt about sitting on Abby's lap.


Cousin Nicholas and Lilly...apparently eating? a chair.


Cousin Hannah and Abby. I think if you zoom in enough you might actually be able to see the crackers in her mouth. Gross.


My attempt at getting a picture of Abby, smiling at the camera. Seriously?  What was I thinking?


So I think I might take a day later this week when the weather is nicer and I have more patience and put them back in their dresses and try again.

The good news is, we ate a lot. And played a lot. And hopefully tonight...

we will sleep a lot!

Happy Easter!

1 comment: