Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy days are here to stay!

We had our 21 week ultrasound today. Once again, all good news! The babies are still doing great. Friday was a big day, as I finally felt them kicking, and this time there was no mistaking it for gas! Let me tell you what a sense of relief those little kicks can bring in between appointments! Daddy has even been able to feel them from the outside. Oh, and the results of the amnio (done during surgery) came in and also cleared us of Down Syndrome, Trisomy 18, and a host of other devastating illnesses. A very good week indeed!

I must say we are overwhelmed by the love and support we have received through our blog and via email. Hearing from friends and family near and far was quite a treat...not to mention those few who we may not know directly but who have touched us with their well wishes and prayers. We just can't thank you all enough. If only our daughters knew how many people are pulling for them and anxiously awaiting their healthy arrival (although I do tell them often).

Speaking of arrivals, we have the week of September 29th on the radar. That will be the 34 week mark and the doctor said today that he will be pleased if we get there. If the girls are still thriving at that point, they may let us go longer, but they say it will be a treat just to get to that point.

Well, that's all from here on a Monday night. I have to say a big Happy 60th Birthday to Mom (her big day is Wednesday), and here's wishing you all a happy and SAFE July 4th weekend!

6 comments:

Membership Required said...

What great news to close out our Monday night with here in Texas. We have been anxiously awaiting your blog update and I have picked up the phone several times to call but thought best to wait as I am sure your outing days really drain you. We are so happy that all is going well and especially that you are finally feeling the thump thump of little feet....oh how sleepless nights await you with them banging on the drums all night. Good luck with that but really it is so joyous. I know you WILL enjoy it. You have a package arriving this week so let Brian lift it. Also...are you working on your list? Again, great news and prayers as always are being lifted up in Texas for you all. Kisses and Misses, ML

Anonymous said...

Way to go Cornys! Keep drinking your water :) So glad to hear all the good news, how about a nice "boring" pregnancy here for a while.

Much Love
Jud, Mandy, Grady

Tammy said...

Oh, that is just wonderful. Many more happy days to come. I love reading your blog and checking in on you.

Homegrown Tribe said...

Your friend "ML" just gave me your blog address. What a story you have. Thanks so much for sharing. You have little miracle babies for sure. We're having identical twins and I'm on bedrest or a shortened cervix. We were just told yesterday our fluid levels are off and we're seeing the peri again in a week. not sure what it could mean.

have a great day!

brittany

Heather said...

Glad to hear more good news! Yeah, enough drama, huh?? Love and prayers from Heather, Jason & The A-Team

Anonymous said...

This is exciting news! How awesome that you are feeling them kick. Thank you for updating your blog - I look forward to reading it. Keep on keepin' on! You are always on my mind and I hope to see you soon!
:) Erin