Tuesday, July 8, 2008

By request...


My BFF in Houston requested a belly pic, so here I am at 22 weeks. But, more important than pictures...the babies are doing awesome! I had my 22 week appointment and it was a big milestone as we are finally 4 weeks post surgery. We have passed the most critical time and can't be more pleased with their progress. Although I seem to be having trouble gaining weight (I lost 4 lbs between last visits), the babies are gaining well. Madison and Abigail each weighed in today at exactly 1 pound, which is right on target for 22 weeks. I guess they are taking this whole "identical" thing very seriously! Organs, bloodflows, amniotic fluid levels...it's all good! Even the doctors are amazed at their progress. These little ones are quite the over-achievers and as their parents, we just couldn't be more pleased.

Next appointment is a week from today, so in the meantime I remain on bedrest. I've been keeping myself busy selling stuff on eBay (gotta get our closets cleaned out to make room for babies) and researching all the latest and greatest baby stuff, as I'll have to do a registry over the internet instead of having the luxury of going to the store. Speaking of that, if any of you mommies out there have any words of wisdom...items you love to love or things that were a big 'ole waste of money, I'll take all the advice I can get!

6 comments:

Membership Required said...

L-O-V-E that belly!!!! I am so excited that things are going well. What miracles you have been blessed with. He is shining down on you and Brian indeed.
I would highly recommend the Bjorn.If I had to get a Bjorn again I would register for the Bjorn Active...they stay in it longer and has better back support. In fact you will probably want two so that you and Brian can each have a girl. Especially when you go to the beach. Another thing I would recommend (I know you said you were only going to get one but....) is having two swings. Swings are priceless and when you are there by yourself or even when Brian is home,I promise those swings will come in handy. Maybe register for the one you really want and take a hand me down for the other. But I urge the two swing thing. OK, off my soap box on that. Grin. Another thing I would suggest is a light weight stroller for once they get out of being hauled around in the car seat situation. Chicco makes a great side by side for when they are about 6 months and up. I have a peg side by side and I am crazy about it. Yes, you can get through doors with a side by side. Grin. OK, OK, I think I am done on the recommendations. I cant wait to see what you register for so I can shop. Tee hee what fun!!! Oh yeah, I know you are a diaper genie fan (past gifts you have given that I am aware of....but...yes another recommendation) but...you can save money by skipping the genie with all of it's expensive refills and get the diaper champ. You can use regular tall kitchen bags in this...you already will have this in the house. How does this cloth diaper mom know this...when Campbell came home from NICU she was too small for my small cloth diapers so she wore paper pants for about two months. OK..Done. Get some rest and thanks for the picture. You gave me a huge GRIN!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, didn't expect to see that picture! I can't believe you have changed since the last time I saw you. You do need to eat - Mom says so! I can't be more happy about our little girls! Still would like to see pics but I know I will see them in person. Can't be more proud of all of my girls and of course your hubby. I am very lucky to have such great son-in-laws! See you Thursday.
Mom

Beth said...

Great blogging! I'm glad that you and babies are doing so well and just trucking right alone. They'll be here before you know it.
Just thought I'd recommend a baby product... It's a hands-free bottle by Podee and I love mine. A lot of mommies with multiples actually use these bottles for feedings because they help you to keep them on the same feeding schedule. You can get them in-store or on-line at BRUS.

Homegrown Tribe said...

SO CUTE! and tiny! :) I'm HUGE.

glad everything is going well.

brittany

Heather said...

Oh you look great! Sheesh, I was WAY bigger than you at 22 weeks with ONE!

I agree with the baby things the previous posters have recommended... about the diaper champ too, we have one and it is easier in the long run than the genie. The genie is good but the novelty wears off... I could never change the darn refills either.

If you are planning to do any cloth diapering, Hope and I both use the Fuzzibunz and they are great and less work than I imagined. (And believe me, I'm not a fan of *more* work.)

I just asked Jason what he would recommend (because of course I can't think of anything right now) and he said "pacifiers, doorway bouncer, pack and play, clip-on restaurant chair." Good advice!

Oh I know - probably the single most lifesaving device I have had has been the Exersaucer! You could probably do with just one but they are definitely an item you should ask around for, Hope and I each scored a free hand-me-down from friends within a few days of each other! (The three previous kids totaled the one I had bought for Arline.)

And the VERY most important item is... a good COFFEE MAKER lol...

So happy things are going well - praying every day!

And yes make sure to eat AND register somewhere!

Love, Heather, Jason & the A-Team

Missy said...

I have a list for new moms...if you are interested, give me an email and I will send it your way :)

and a friend of mine blogged on this too

http://momstoolbox.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/bringing-home-baby-what-you-really-need/