Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Oh, who am I kidding?

Well, I guess I was getting a little too over confident. I had hopes this week of the bedrest being modified...at least a little. No such luck. Madison and Abigail are still holding up their end of the bargain and doing well, but my cervix has started to shorten again. Nothing to be concerned about yet, but this darn bedrest will have to continue. Unfortunately I'm past the point of a cerclage if the cervix shortened too much, so if it gets worse, our only option would be hospital bedrest. I'll do just about anything to avoid that, so I promised I would stay put here on the sofa.

In other news, Brian is away at the firefighter olympics. Wish I could have gone but, well...you know. So far they are undefeated, so maybe we have hopes of a gold medal this year?!?! I was able to go stay at my sister's house for a couple of days so I didn't have to be home alone for a week. It was fun to hang out with her and Hannah and Nick, and of course it was a nice change of scenery for a day or two (if you can call a different TV a change of scenery).

I think we're finally going to get started on the nursery! We've had the furniture for a while now, but my superstitious-ness (is that a word?) has kept me from wanting to do too much purchasing or decorating quite yet. I'm just about to the point where I feel comfortable enough to get it started. We'll have to spend a couple of weeks just cleaning out the room and closet and organizing and such, so it'll probably be August before any cribs actually get assembled. But, we're getting there!

Ok, I have a little computer project I think I want to undertake, so I'm off for now! Here's Madison (A) and Abigail's (B) 23 week pictures. Hard to tell them apart in these pics!



1 comment:

Membership Required said...

Oh you little devil!!!! Waiting so long to post just about gave me a heart attack. You know how "lifetime" drama my mind works. Sit tight and don't get sent to the hospital....You wont like all the nurse attention...you'll be thinking get out of my room. :)
We will pray that your cervix doesn't continue to shorten and that you get to stay at your home till delivery time...in OCTOBER!!! Hugs, ML
PS. They are so cute. Love b/w photos. :)