Monday, March 9, 2009

...Busy...Busy...Busy

Finally! Daddy and Baby are napping so now’s my chance to catch up! And I have a lot of that to do. Let’s see…oh, before I forget, ML asked what kind of jogging all-terrain stroller we got. It’s a Jeep. Nothing super fancy, but in our price range and compatible with our carseat, so it’s perfect.

Ok, so Monday we went to the eye doctor for a follow-up. He was looking for signs of possible nearsightedness, lazy eye, etc. The good news…he said she looks great and we don’t have to follow up for two years! Wahoo!

Tuesday was the GI specialist. Yeah. Not much new here. We switched up the meds a bit and things do seem to be a little better. He has her on erythromicen though, and I’ve heard that can wreak havoc on her teeth (the ones she doesn’t even have yet???)? Anyone know anything about that? I know, it’s strange that they put her on an antibiotic for reflux, but for some odd reason, it helps. We also stopped the Zantac but are still giving her Prevacid. And a little Milk of Magnesia every day to help with the constipation. Oh…and she weighed 14 pounds! My 14 pound preemie! Gotta love it.

Wednesday we very unexpectedly went car shopping, and sure enough, 10 hours and a couple of dealerships later, drove off the lot in our new SUV, leaving my 10 year old Lexus SUV behind. We are now the proud owners of a 2005 Chevy Tahoe that we absolutely LOVE. It’s much like the Yukon Denali Brian had, that is, until it got stolen from the parking structure of a movie theatre…never to be seen again.

Thursday we just worked around the house. Brian started priming the toe kick in the kitchen and installed the last 2 drawer pulls, so it’s finally almost done.

A last minute road trip came up on Friday and Abby and I decided to go visit Grandma Dana out in La Quinta for the weekend. The weather was beautiful and had we not had to come back for her RSV shot last night, we would have stayed until today. Abby took her first dip in the swimming pool. She didn’t love it, but she didn’t absolutely hate it either. Speaking of pools, we signed her up for swim lessons that will start at the end of March.

I’ve also been busy eBaying all week. I made about $150 bucks this week selling stuff we found in the garage. Old t-shirts. Shoes we don’t wear anymore. I must say, those fire department t-shirts are big sellers. I guess the old saying is true…one mans trash is another mans treasure. Not that I’m calling our stuff trash by any means…but, well, you get the idea.

Next up…I won't say exactly when, but soon, a road trip to Tempe for a little Spring Training action. It’ll be Abby’s first time at a baseball game…although she did go with me to one or two very early on in my pregnancy. Come to think of it…we found out I was pregnant when we were in Tempe last year for Spring Training! So she's been to plenty of games already!

Abby pictures are coming soon. I'm just too lazy to go get the camera and upload right now. Oh, and did you see Abby's poll results? I won! Ha! More people said she looks like me than Brian. Well...at least when I was a baby anyways. It was fun to see what other people thought, so Abby sends a big thank you out to everyone who voted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What and answer to prayer when little Abigail got such a great report from the eye doctor and the gastro doctor. Hopefully the new regimen will help with those awful, uncomfortalble tummy pains.
We saw lots for Abby's Aunties, Uncles, cousins and second cousins this weekend. I took the "bragging granny" pictures. Everyone thinks she is absolutely beautiful. The red hair was a highlight of many conversations. Most couldn't believe how big she is getting!
In July 2010 you and she will meet all of these wonderful people during our family reunion. What fun we'll have.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa

Machelle said...

Great report from the eye doctor! Also, the antibiotics, I have heard A TON about them putting reflux babies on them. I hear they help a lot. I dunno why they never did that with us. ALSO Pro-biotics are supposed to help a ton as well. Also, in Publix (I will have to look up the name again) they sell probiotics but they are not called that...again I will have to look up the name for you. It has digestive enzymes in it that help with digestion and constipation and all that stuff. I am going to get them for my girls to help in their bowels. Abby is getting HUGE gosh! What are you feeding that girl!? Seriously!? haha!! Have fun at the spring training! I am jealous. I wish I could do swim lessons with them. I dunno how I would do it with 2 though and the hubby not able to come *sigh* Congrats again on the great report!!

Beth said...

Busy Busy! We also have the Jeep stroller and LOVE the IPOD connection:) Also, how on earth is Abby on Eyrthromiacin (sp?)? We were on that FOREVER and then had to switch to Reglan because "the manufacturer quit making it because it wasn't turning a profit for them." Good for you and Abby, anyways:)

If you want to meet up for a playdate while you're in town (Tempe), let me know!

Holtan-Bates family said...

How could you do this to us? A post with no photo???? Just kidding! So thrilled about the great progress for Miss Abby! She has really made an amazing recovery and it's such a treat to get all these positive reports. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I would sure love to see Miss Abigail while in town. Tho you will probably be very busy. Lunch would be great. With love always, Mary Helen

Kelly said...

Those are great reports from the doctors! Glad to hear she's doing well. Holy cow, 14lbs already! Geesh, Aubrey is only 21... Abby is catching up quick!

Yeah for the new car! That's always exciting.

Heather said...

So glad Abby is doing so well. She is so gorgeous! Hope her tum feels better soon.

UGH guess what I found in my car today... the unmailed St. Patty's Day dress!! It's coming!! I have no excuse, I just cleaned out my van!

Love from the East!

Heather and the A-Team