Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm in a Rut...

A blogging rut, that is. For some reason, I just haven't felt much like blogging lately. Maybe it's the nice weather. Maybe it's the exhaustion. Maybe, I've just been too stinkin' lazy. But, I suppose if I was in the mood to blog, I'd have lots to talk about. I could talk about our awesome, but very busy trip to AZ for Spring Training. Or I could mention how terrible I feel that I was out there, but didn't have a chance to see, let alone contact, Beth or Mary Helen. I could also mention to them right here and now that I think I am heading back out to Tempe when ML is in town there, so of course I will see them then.

If I was not in a blogging rut, I would surely post about Abigail's recent doctor visit. How she now weighs 14 pounds 7 ounces. And how she's 25 1/4 inches tall. I would talk about the fact that she is in the 27th percentile for her weight, and 25th for both her height and head circumference. Of course, I couldn't talk about our most recent visit to the doctor without mentioning how broken-hearted I was when a couple walked into the healthy baby waiting room with two tiny, yet adorable identical twin girls, who also, were born at 28 weeks. Broken-hearted indeed...for us. But of course, so happy for them.

If I was in the mood to blog, I would talk about how Abigail's reflux has gotten SO much better since we switched up her meds. And I would vent just a little about how tired I am because for some strange reason, she has decided not to sleep through the night anymore. No, now she likes to have a bottle around midnight, and another around 4am. Ugh.

If I were not in a rut, I wouldn't dare not mention our little friend Luke, who underwent open-heart surgery just a few short weeks ago, and is now, for all intents and purposes, cured of his heart condition. I would for sure say many thanks over and over to everyone who said a prayer for our little friend.

Finally, if I weren't in this silly little blogging rut, I would blog about all of the milestones Abigail has recently hit. Milestones that we are so proud of her for. Like how we've started her on solids...even though I can't find one she particularly likes. Or how she can pull herself up to a standing position while holding onto just our fingers. Or how she reaches above her head to get things, and how she can not only roll from tummy to back, but from back to tummy also. Surely I would rush to tell all of my readers (that is...if I have any left), how four days ago, at the tender adjusted age of four months and one week, Abigail started holding her bottle while she drinks her milk. All by herself.

Ahhh, yes. If only I wasn't in this blogging rut.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like you've got us all caught up:) Yay for Abby's milestones and I know that twinge of pain when seeing twins. Yours is girls, mine boy/girl. Anyway, I hope to see you once ML is in town:)

Membership Required said...

good up date...even for being in a rut. I soooo hope you come out keep me posted. Yahoo for Abigail. I can only imagine what that pain might be. You might be in a rut because you have been praying....praying for a devil win. Go Devils! So glad they advanced and we are still dancing.

Becky said...

Have you ever tried giving Abby ice cream as a solid.... that was all my kids' first solid and they loved it! lol! By the way, your kitchen turned out fabulous!

Membership Required said...

sent a box today. Look for it. There is a wonderful baby puree book in there for you to use....till I need it again. Clothes you can use in a few months. Some are six to 12 but most are I think 18 months. If you dont want them pass them along. ML

Anonymous said...

I sure hope the you and Miss Abigail will come back when ML is in town. I am counting the days till they come. Sounds like Miss Abigail is growning like a weed. With love always, Mary Helen

Elyse said...

Your not the only one in a rut...I think it is the weather and our lives that are among us. Blogging will get better sooner or later :)
~Elyse~

Kelly said...

Way to go Abby! Sounds like she's coming along very quickly. Maybe all that growing is causing that belly ache for some yummy milk two times a night. Or, maybe she's feeling better without that yucky reflux that she wants more. Yeah for solids! That's when Aubrey's reflux went away.

Just want to send you hugs. I know the feeling. Nothing like seeing a double stroller with two pink blankets... made my heart ache last weekend. The pain will always be there.

Kristi said...

Thank you for your updates! Abby is growing by leaps and bounds! We are so happy for all her developments and progress! Rolling both ways? So fantastic!!

Thank you for the update on our Luke too. He is doing so very well. I cannot believe his heart function was at 50% of where it should have been only 4 weeks ago today and he is so much better now! Thank you and your readers for all the prayers. And now his cold is gone, his post-op infection is gone, so we need to schedule our lunch/play date!

I am so sorry about the ongoing pain you experience when you see two twin girls. I have to tell you anytime I see twin girls or twin clothes at the store my heart aches for you and Brian. Mark and I have both commented on it, I literally have teared up in Babies R Us thinking of you guys and Madison. I am so thankful for Abby to be healthy now and for the joy she brings you. I hope your pain for the loss of Madison eases as times passes, I know it will not go away, but I hope and pray it softens around the edges.

xoxo!