Today was a baby reunion CHLA for our Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist. He's the one who operated on me at 18 weeks pregnant with Abby and Madison. As much as I wanted to take Abby and show her off, I just didn't think I was ready to handle it emotionally. That doctor has a great success record of saving both twins suffering from TTTS, and I just didn't think I was up for seeing all those little pairs of babies, since I wouldn't be bringing a pair. Maybe next year I will be in a better place and will be ready to face the music. Since we skipped that, we took Abby to the Irvine Park Railroad. Unfortunately the line to ride the train was over an hour long, so instead we just walked around the park. Abby saw ducks and ponies, and we checked out the pumpkin patch. She sure is liking her freedom now that she is walking/running around everywhere. I could sit and just watch her for hours as she explores her newfound freedom.
We had a little scare last weekend with my Mom. After several days of her having flu-like symptoms, she was feeling so sick we thought it best to take her to the ER. I am completely paranoid of the swine flu and so of course, was convinced she had it. Luckily it wasn't the flu, but unfortunately she was sick enough that she was admitted and spent a few days recovering in the hospital from what turned out to be a nasty kidney infection that ended up causing some other complications. They got everything under control and she was discharged on Monday. I think she's back to 100%now, thank goodness.
We are excited about Halloween this weekend. Abby is dressing up as Winnie The Pooh. If you know me at all, this should come as no surprise. I happen to LOVE Pooh. Her costume is adorable and I can't wait to get her all dressed up. In the meantime, we will just enjoy this 80 degree weather we are having. I'm not sure how much longer it will last.
So, I can't believe we only have 12-13 weeks left before baby girl will be here. Technically, I have 17 weeks until my actual due date, but the OB and Peri plan on taking her sometime between weeks 36 and 37. I hope it's closer to 37 so that it will be less likely she will have to spend time in the NICU. It's crazy to think how quickly these next 3 months will go, with the holidays and all. I'm just hoping things keep quiet like they have been so far.
Ok, enough blabbering for now. I will leave you with some pictures of my best girl at the park today.
6 comments:
Walking and running! Love it! So excited to see a post. I love that expression on her face in the stroller pictures. Hey I wanted to mention that Campbell came at 35 weeks and her stay was a week in the NICU counting since the day she was born. So although each baby is different I think it will be just fine. If it was a boy I would say have more concern for worry. Boys lungs develop slower. Are you going to post a baby name list? maybe just a teaser list. One column with first name choices and the other with middle name choices. I would love to hear them and see what you end up with. I know you mentioned one name to me but wasnt sure if it stuck. Glad Mom is doing better. What a scare. Tell her hello. Let's talk live soon. ML
What a cutie! I can't wait to see pictures of her as Winnie the Pooh. I'm sure you are exhausted chasing around that doll as she experiences her freedom. But aren't they precious!?! Glad you are doing well.
Ahhh... the many faces of Abby. She is just the cutest! Glad things are great with you and your pregnancy, and I can't believe how quickly it's passing by.
I don't blame you for skipping out on your thing. We couldn't do our Annual Walk To Remember this year either. This year we invited family, but the thought of participating (with family) was too overwhelming for me -- it's been nearly 3 years since our loss, and I'm still not up for the event.
Anway, sooooo looking forward to seeing Abby in her Pooh costume. Take lots of pictures!!!
LOVE LOVE the dress and she is just adorable!!! Do you have a name picked out for the new little one?! I am glad your mom is doing better!! I am ready to see your Halloween pictures!!
Oh, Abby is getting so big!
Glad to hear all is well, but I was wondering something--why is it that your doc wants to take the baby early? If that's too personal, don't worry about answering...I just wondered, since usually they don't do that unless there is something the matter with mom/baby, and I had thought that everything was okay this time around. Do I need to step up my prayers for this sweet one on the way?
Thanks for the update! Abby is too cute! We are so excited to see her thriving and running! What joy!
I can only imagine how hard it would have been to go to the reunion. I am glad you felt comfortable enough with where you are in life to skip it. (Does that make sense? I mean, I am glad you feel comfortable to do what feels right. I guess I should have just said that!) I hope one day you will be able to go, if that is what you want.
Glad your mom is better! Yikes - scary!!
Are you getting H1N1 vaccine for Abby? We are still deciding and go back and forth and back and forth! Currently, we are not, but that may change tomorrow....
Enjoy the heat!!
Post a Comment