Before we left, I attempted to get a picture of them together, which wasn't easy of course. But, I tried...
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Big Sister Meets Baby Sister
We decided to take Abby to the hospital today. We were waiting because we weren't sure how she would react and we didn't want to make a scene in the NICU. Lilly got moved to a different room and since the babies are bigger and less sensitive to noise, it seemed like the appropriate time to have her meet Abby. And luckily none of the other parents were there when we were. Anyhow, at first she wasn't too interested. Then, when I held Lilly to feed her Abby got a little upset. So I handed Lilly off to her Daddy and I held Abby. Then Abby got upset that Daddy was holding her. I ended up giving Abby a snack and let her run around the room and all of the sudden she was totally fine.
Before we left, I attempted to get a picture of them together, which wasn't easy of course. But, I tried...


Before we left, I attempted to get a picture of them together, which wasn't easy of course. But, I tried...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm so excited you were able to have your family together! Those pictures of Abby and Lilly together are precious!
What wonderful pictures of your two precious little girls seeing each other for the first time. There will be some period of adjustment, but Abby will be a wonderful B-I-G sister.
We can hardly wait to hold our newest little grand baby Lilly.
You two make beautiful little girls. We are so proud of you all. You have a couple of little fighters that have surpassed all of the odds. And you, as parents, have come throught a lot and have been a piller of strength and grace though these very rough times.
We love you, Grandma and Grandpa
So sweet!
Great pics thanks for sharing!
I'm so happy your first baby got to meet the new baby! The pictures are adorable and I know someday Abby and Lilly will be the best of friends!
I am so glad that you were able to let them meet!
Oh....so, so sweet :). Thanks for sharing!
What fun! For feeding issues at home get a special box or basket that you fill with toys or special items of interest that you pull out only at feeding time for Lilly. Make sure you dont make it overwhelming or overflowing with stuff BUT do make sure that you rotate some stuff around. Also make it a big deal that she gets this special basket/box of items so she knows its her quiet play time (well as quiet as a toddler can be. Ha.) This will keep her busy and less anxious about what you and Lilly are doing. Also feed Lilly in front of her. Dont "go" off to feed her unless of course it is an early evening feeding and you both are trying to get some rest or special bonding time and of course another adult is present. This way you can let her feel included but than have some one on one time too with Lilly. The balancing act is just now beginning my friend but it does get easier. Hardest part for me was when daddy was away and I had to put Campbell down for bedtime and it was Travis' feeding time or his early evening nap too. It was hectic but we managed. BIGGEST advice I have is this....JUST COME TO TERMS THAT AT ANY GIVEN POINT ONE CHILD WILL BE CRYING WHILE YOU CARE FOR ANOTHER. SOMETIMES BOTH WILL BE CRYING. MOST OF ALL COME TO TERMS WITH AT ANY GIVEN TIME......ALL OF YOU COULD BE CRYING. You'll make it through believe it.
Post a Comment