Thursday, January 20, 2011

Can we just live in a bubble?

I know everyone gets sick during the wintertime. But my kids were preemies.  Their lungs aren't nearly as developed, even at their ages, as full-term kids the same age. So going to indoor, confined spaces...is usually not a good thing.

Case and point:


Poor Lilly. After a night at Pajama Storytime and a morning at the gym running (or in Lilly's case, crawling) on trampolines, mats, balance beams, ladders and slides, this is what Lilly looked like.

Next thing you know we have runny noses, coughing, fevers and oh my...PINK EYE.

Both girls are now on antibiotics and even though we thought Lilly was the "sick one", we were surprised to find out today that Abby has a double ear infection.

Seriously, can we just live in a bubble?

7 comments:

Alicia said...

It's not called Chuck E. Sneeze for nothing!

Membership Required said...

Oh poor poor babies!
GREAT talking with you today. Y'all are on my prayer list tonight for sure! Hugs, ML

Devin said...

Ok, seriously--that pic almost made me cry! Poor baby (babies!!) Get well, you guys! Praying for you!!

Heather said...

Poor little darlings! I hope they feel better very soon!

Beth said...

Poor babies!!! I hope they feel better soon!!!

LucieP said...

oh goodness! Hope your babes feel better soon. I'm sure youre ready for the normal routine to come back!

Kristi said...

Hey. I totally get wanting to live in a bubble! We don't have the preemie issue, but Luke seems to stay sicker longer than I would want (well you know what I mean). What I don't understand is why parents bring sick kids to parties, indoor play centers, etc. We have ended up skipping so many family parties because someone was bringing a sick child and we didn't want to risk it. We understand the whole exposure to germs thing, but we get plenty of that everywhere we go. If we could move to a bubble at least for flu season we would!

GET BETTER FAST!!!!