Friday, January 14, 2011

Resolution Update

Resolution #1 - One toy at a time.

I am proud to say that my closet pictured in this post, is amazingly still in tact. Every once in a while we end up with more than one toy out at a time, but much to my surprise, we are sticking to this resolution much more than I ever imagined we would.

Resolution #2 - A new hairstyle.

It happened. Last Thursday. Nothing major. About 4 inches cut off. Long layers. Really nothing exciting. But it works.

Resolution #3 - Cry it out

I knew this one had to be one I was really ready for, and I guess deep down inside I was ready. And to be honest, I guess Lilly was too. It only took 3 nights...not bad...and she was sleeping through the night. Now don't be fooled - I don't put her in her crib while she's still awake yet. This cry it out mission was merely to get her to sleep in her own crib and through the night. The put-her-in-her-crib-awake-and-let-her-fall-asleep-on-her-own hasn't happened yet.

Baby steps people.

Seriously.

Stay tuned for more resolutions because I am on a roll.

2 comments:

Membership Required said...

You crack me up. Baby steps. Take the leap to putting her in there to fall asleep. More than likely she will adjust quickly (probably sooner than you) Its a healthy habit for babies to learn to put themselves to sleep. It's something that has a huge lifetime effect on their sleep patterns. Just my two sense after following http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Sleep-Habits-Happy-Child/dp/0345486455

Hugs and post your hair.

H. said...

I hear ya about the CIO-Connor is almost 15 months and he is finally sleeping through after many attempts at CIO-and we still mostly have to put him down already asleep...baby steps it is!!!

xoxo