Saturday, October 31, 2009

Feeling better today

My pity party is over. I am done feeling sorry for myself. And even though yesterday it was hard to get out of bed in the morning, I was on my own with Abby, so I had to. We even got some errands done and made it to the park for a walk. With dark glasses of course to hide the puffy eyes.

Anyhow, today I feel better. I realize that God has a plan and I just have to play the hand I am dealt, as crappy as it may be. And Lord knows by now, I should be pretty darn good at playing these crappy hands.

I spoke with my OB last night and we have a new plan. Before our plan was to do an amniocentisis at 37 weeks and if baby girl's lungs were developed, do a c-section on January 30th. Our new plan is that I will now be admitted to the hospital on December 26th for bedrest, and baby girl will be delivered via c-section on January 15th. This is when I hit 35 weeks. We haven't discussed steroids yet, but I imagine they will be administered around the time I am admitted, just in case things don't go as planned. Not that something like that would ever happen.

In the meantime, we will go about our business. I will continue to see the peri every 2 weeks and we will continue to pray that my cervix cooperates and that I don't have to be admitted any sooner than the day after Christmas.

Now, I must go tend to my rather fussy, runny-nosed, sneezy little redhead, who happens to be at this very minute, well, miserable.

Thank you all for the comments and prayers. We have learned from past experience that the power of prayer is an amazing thing, so we appreciate every little ounce of help we can get.

7 comments:

Machelle said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. I think (opinion according to Machelle) that this sounds like a great plan. Now, tell your cervix to hang in there until then! Next time I am pregnant, I too will be yelling at my cervix! A 35 week baby girl. She will be great! She will be strong! Most likely a feeder grower and then or nothing at all and she will go home that day with you! You are added to our prayer list and I will pray for your cervix to cooperate! I am sure God will understand me praying about a cervix.

melinda said...

sorry to hear whats going on!!!!Will be praying extra hard for a strong cervix and healthy little girl:)

Membership Required said...

I am glad that the day looked brighter. I always pray for you and your family...now just with a specific purpose. I hope Abigail feels better soon. Hugs, ML

Beth said...

I'm glad you're doing better. Even though our experiences were/are so different, I do know the pain of loss and the stress of a turbulent pregnancy following a loss. It's just not fair...

Anyway, you're very right -- God does have a plan for you and within time, it'll all unfold.

In the meantime, pray, enjoy Abby, and 35 weeks will be here before you know it:)

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Kristi said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. (I had a wouldn't have got out of bed day a couple weeks ago, except I was home alone with Luke. My, how those little ones can motivate us! I know, completely different scenario, but I get the not wanting to face the day.)

Anyway, I am so glad the plan is to be home for Christmas! And glad things look brighter to you. I know it will be hard, but you will get through these trying times and we are hopeful that Machelle is right and Baby Girl will go home with you. Is that a possibility?

Remember, I may be in NY, but I am available!

Hugs and kisses to sicky Abby! Get better fast sweetie!

Everyone on my blog is praying!

xoxo,
Kristi

Heather said...

Praying, praying, praying! Your little Pooh looks adorable!

Devin said...

Sooooooooo very glad you are feeling better about all of this...praying daily for you, friend!