Friday, March 4, 2011

Abby's MRI

Just a quick update...the MRI went well.  Abby was such a trooper.  She put up quite the fight going under and when she went limp in my arms I just started to cry. It was so hard to walk away from her, but about 50 minutes later she was waking up and back in my arms.  She was really cranky. The doctor said that even in her unconscious state, she tried to pull the IV out of the back of her hand.  That's my girl! We ran into our favorite doctor while we were in recovery. The one who saved our little girl's life. The one who performed the surgery on her when she was just 3 days old and again when she was 6 months.  I am sure he loves to see how his patients are doing just as much as we love seeing him.  He couldn't believe how great Abby looked (even if she was just waking up from anesthesia).  Anyways, she recovered nicely, took a good nap in the afternoon, and was quickly back to her normal self.  Now we are just waiting for Tuesday to hear the results.  As for the PT assessment, they are going to recommend two 45 minute sessions per week to start.  We're in a holding pattern again while the report gets submitted to insurance and approved and blah blah blah.

Lilly is getting more interested in walking and will now pretty regularly walk 10 or so steps around the living room.  She still prefers to crawl though and gets around much faster that way.  It may be a couple more weeks or so until we can officially call it "walking".  But she's getting there.

I have another cold...sinus thing...whatever...I don't know.  I just know I feel like poo. I had to work yesterday and today and I'm looking forward to spending some time with my girls this weekend. 

That's it!  Thanks once again for all of the well wishes and prayers for Abby.  They worked!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon. Yahoo for Lilly. She'll do it when she's ready.
So glad that you got to see that special doctor. I bet the 45 minutes twice a week will be so great for Abby. I hope it get approved soon.

Glad to hear that the MRI went off with out a hitch, sorry that it had to happen but hopefully you'll get the answers you need soon.

Still praying in Texas.
ML

Sarah said...

Praying for sweet Abby and for you to feel better too!

Kristi said...

So glad it went well! Abby rocks! I love (well not really, but kind of!) that she tried to pull out her IV! Luke pulled out his NG tube while in restraints twice after his heart surgery! These kids!!

Hoping for good results and PT to start soon!

Also, re: Lilly, sounds like she will be walking soon. Luke didn't walk until he was 16 months, and he would not even stand independently until a few days prior (he would stand up holding onto things, and cruise, but never just on his own). 18 months is the cut off for "we need to intervene," so she still has time and seems like she will be right where she needs to be before the end of the month!

Get better and hang in there!!

xoxo,
Kristi

Devin said...

I feel like poo too!

Poo too, poo too, poo too. Words have lost all meaning.

Sorry, I get rambly when I'm sick....

So glad to hear that all went well. I've been wondering! Here's hoping you are on the upswing, VERY soon!

Membership Required said...

Oh those bloomers look so so sweet on those little bottoms!!! So glad I found them to send to you!!!