Monday, November 17, 2008

Where did last week go?

What a busy week! Between errands, doctor visits, home health nurse visits, another wedding, a birthday party...my goodness did the week go by fast! Friday we attended Kevin and Mandy's wedding, and what a party it was! It was my first night away from Abigail, and I think it was much more traumatic for me than her. Grandpa Gary and Grandma Jean stayed with her and Abby did great. She even gave them about 5 straight hours of sleep! Where's my 5 hours Abby? Thank you Grandma and Grandpa! The wedding was a blast. We stayed at the Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort. It was beautiful. Here's the view from our room.



It's amazing how being 30 minutes from home for 1 night can feel like, umm...a vacation. The weather was perfect...in the 80s. Can't complain considering it's the middle of NOVEMBER!

Here are some other random pictures from our busy week.

Mommy and Abby snuggling after a night away.



They were having a very serious discussion. Believe it or not, the "little one" on the left is 3 weeks YOUNGER than Abby.



The cousins...Happy Birthday Hannah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved having time with Abby while you two ran away for Mandy and Kevin's wedding. She was soooo good and so very patient with us while we fell into her routine.
We had some awake time for reading a couple of stories and for just "girl" talk. We loved watching her little expressions. (We swear she was trying to talk . . or is it just the proud grandparent bragging?) Anyway we loved our time with her. She so precious.

Love and hugs, Grandma and Grandpa

Membership Required said...

You are so brave...I have never left my children...except for when I was delivering Travis, Campbell couldnt be there but she was the next day. I just dont think I have it in me....we are thinking maybe for this year's anniversary but who knows. glad you had fun. I love that snuggle picture.

Anonymous said...

Great pics as usual. My friend's daughter was supposed to be a month older than our preemie, but ended up a month younger. At almost 3, she still towers over C!

Membership Required said...

Is that Tatum or Noelle's baby?

Beth said...

You are so much stronger than me. Braydon was 6 months before I finally let my parents have him through the night. I was hoping to sleep and sleep in while he was gone, but he totally consumed my thoughts and dreams and I was tempted to bring him back home just before 10pm, but I managed to hold out.

I will have to say that now we've done the overnight thing once, it should be much easier for me to handle the next time around. I just needed to rip the bandaid off (so to speak).

I love the pix - keep 'em coming, though I know you're quite busy!