Well, I finally did it. Today I am officially a stay-at-home-mom. No more leave of absence. No more corporate world. No more business travel. It's over. Now I am embarking on what will probably be the hardest, most tiring, and most rewarding job I will ever have. Stay-at-home-mom.
Yep...that's me. It feels weird just saying it.
So here's what happened.
I have been with the same company for 11 years. Well, it'll be 11 years on December 22nd. I really can't complain, as they have been very good to me over the past 11 years. Anyhow, last April, the 18th to be exact, was the last day that I worked. It was then that all heck broke loose with my pregnancy and I was put on bedrest for what I thought would only be a few days. Well, here we are on December 2nd, and I still haven't been back to the office. Not by choice of course. My employer has been VERY patient with me. Throughout the whole ordeal, they have been by my side, checking in to make sure we were ok, never pressuring me to come back. Paying me...
Until now. Now my time is up. I was told last month I had to return to work by December 8th or they would take me off roll and replace me. I mean, I knew it couldn't last forever, but I was hoping for a couple more months, just to get Abigail through her next surgery. But, they need someone. And I understand. My coworkers have been picking up my slack for long enough.
So...after many discussions with Brian, and after looking at our options for daycare (which are limited considering Abby can't be around other babies), we have decided it is best for her if I stay home for a while. So that's it. I told my boss today that I would not be back on the 8th. She cried. I cried. It was a hard phone call to make. But I know it was the right one. My family needs me.
Yes. My family needs me.
I'm a stay-at-home-mom.
11 comments:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy for you to be able to do that for your family! I hope it is joyful for you!
Congrats on your decision and that it will work for you three! So happy!!!
Congratulations! What a gift to be able to stay how with your beautiful baby!
I am thinking that making that decision will result in you finding out that you have all it takes on most days of course for the hardest, best and adventurous job of your life. I am sure of one thing you will never forget the day you became a SHAM nor will you regret it. Welcome to the world so many of us hold near and dear....your work will never be done, it will be hard & sometimes easy, rewards are great even when they are not always noticeable. You'll make a great SHAM! Good Luck! Hugs, ML
Welcome to the stay-at-home-mom club! We were in the same boat with our girls not being able to be in daycare so I had to stop teaching. You will love every moment of it even though it is so much work! Now you just get to spend all your time and love on your little baby! Finances are tight I am sure but it all works out in the end.
Welcome to the club! It's the best (and hardest) job ever, but you won't regret it!
OK so if you notice my comment time on my previous post you will notice that it excuses me from spelling correctly....You will make a great SAHM not a SHAM! Hugs, ML
Good for you!
Good for your hubby!
Good for your sweet Abigail!
I am proud of you, as I know from personal experience what a gut-wrenching decision that is. I did it 3 years ago now, and it was the best decision I have ever made. :-)
Being a mommy is the hardest and most rewarding thing you will EVER do!
Again--CONGRATS, and welcome to the club!!
Ugh, I am SO jealous! Congratulations! Enjoy that little girl of yours... she's so worth it! =)
congrats!!! it may be a hard adjustment but you'll love it! :)
britt
Good for you! There have definitely been days that I WISHED I could go off to my job for a few hours. :) But how grateful I am (most of the time :)) for as many precious moments as I can get with my babies!
you are so right.... it is the hardest and most tiring job, but it is the most rewarding!
i just found your blog tonight and am reading it backwards. i should've started with the first post and worked my way up, but silly me i'm working my way back. so i got to this post but now have to go to bed. i'll try to catch up on it later. but know that i've said a few prayers for abby and you as i've been reading different posts.
Post a Comment