Today I am sad. I am sad for us as parents. I am sad for Abigail, that she will never know her sister. I am sad for Madison, that I couldn't do more to save her. And I am sad for every family who has to deal with this awful diagnosis.
Tonight, there is a worldwide candlelight vigil and prayer. In the privacy of their own homes, participants will light candles in honor of all of the babies who have or will suffer from TTTS. The donor babies will have candles lit in their honor at 5:10pm (in all time zones), followed by the recipient babies at 5:15. Abby and I are going to participate. In 2 hours and 14 minutes we are going to light a candle for sweet little Madison. And 5 minutes later, we will light one for Abby as well.
The TTTS Foundation is a non-profit organization that helps families suffering from TTTS. They were incredibly helpful to us when we were diagnosed. We are forever grateful for the work that they do and like to support them as much as we can. If you would like to help too, you can click here to make a donation.
Here are some photos I have never shared before, but I post them today, in honor of my sweet angel.

A package ironically opened today, that came from ML, contained this little ornament (along with others), which already hangs on our Christmas tree. Thank you ML.

Madison's "birth certificate", made by one of the nurses.

The blanket and hat Madison wore when her Daddy and I held her, along with her hospital id bands.

A shelf in Abigail's nursery. The bears were given to us by the hospital. The white bear was a gift from Madison, to Daddy and me. The brown bear is from Madison to Abigail. I slept with that brown bear every night while I was in the hospital. The white keepsake box holds her blanket, hat and id bands. The little blue one in front of it holds a picture of her feet, as well as a cast of her footprints. The marble building block is Madison's urn. Her final resting place. Appropriately placed in the room she was meant to share with her sister.
Please. Donate if you can. Future families need our help.
Thank you.
9 comments:
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Though I don't know the sadness of TTTS, I do know what you're feeling. I don't have Quinn and Addison's handprints, but I do have their footprints, along with a very beautiful poem for babies we lose too too soon. I also have the twins footprints in a frame, on a shelf, with 2 teddy bears that we were given at their funeral. We also have the outfits and blankets they wore for their pictures (that are too much to look at or share). Not sure if you've done this, but I bought a memory box for the twins and have their special momentums in it (blankets, hats, gowns, etc. from the hosptial). My heart aches with and for you today.
Hi Stacie,
We are so sorry for your loss... You are always in our prayers!!! You are SO STRONG and we are so blessed to have you as friends!! We will all never forget TTTS! We are just so very sorry that you were the ones who had to go through it!! I am sad knowning you are sad today! Please lean on each other....love ya!!
Diane & family
((Hugs)) to you on this difficult day. I too have a very similar shelf in Aubrey's room. I can't wait to tell her all about her sister and for her to understand that she watches her from above. Abby has a very special angel looking over her.
Take care!
So hard, so sad, so sorry you had to go through all of this. It just doesn't seem fair!
praying for you
brittany
huggs to you all. :)
Those pics were so special....thank you for sharing. I can't imagine how difficult this day must be; I had trouble just reading the post and thinking about what happened to you all. I can't imagine having to live through that. I am so, so sorry, and I want you to know that I am praying for you on this day--and everyday.
Much love and prayers,
Devin
Stacie, Brian, and Abby,
We are praying for you and sending you love and pink light.
Stacie, your post was beautiful and a truly loving tribute to Madison. We are so sorry for the loss you have suffered, it is unimaginable and we pray for you all, all the time. Please know you are loved by so many and that everyday, thoughts of peace are sent your way.
Thank you for opening your heart and sharing such personal memories with us. It is a gift for us to be able to learn about Madison from your blog.
xoxo,
Kristi and Mark
I am hoping that the candle ceremony that you did in your home brought you comfort as you reflected on your situation. Madison will always hold a special place in your family's life and it is right to celebrate her always. Abigail is lucky to have you both as parents and she will feel a double earthly love from the two of you. I know Madison will with the help of God watch over Abigail. Thank you for sharing so much that is so deeply special and hard for you. I am glad you liked the package. Hugs & Kisses, ML
Post a Comment