Our sadness must have rubbed off on her because next thing you know, she threw her little bottom lip out in this sad little pout
Ugh. Let's just say many more tears were shed. But soon after, Grandma Jean came over and cheered us all up. Daddy and I went to Babies R Us and bought her some super special, snuggly warm pjs for the hospital (it's freezing in there). I was careful to get some that they will hopefully let her wear. They don't have feet and have snaps so leads and IVs and wires and such can come out between the snaps. I think I'm just about done packing her bag. Favorite toy. Check. Favorite blanket. Check. Butt paste. Check. Favorite puppet. Check. PJs. Check. Zantac. Check. Bottle. Check. Paci. Check. Awesome post-surgery gift from her friend Luke. Check. Camera. Check. Computer. Check. Formula for when she can eat again...5 days or so from now. Check. Burp cloth and bib. Check. Hat and socks. Check.
Come to think of it, I am probably bringing way more than she will need, but I want to keep things as familiar as I possibly can for her, ya know? I just hope I am not forgetting anything. Well, that's all for now I suppose. Not sure what the internet access is like, but I will do my best to update as often as I can. I have to say a huge "thank you" to you all, for keeping our little Abby in your prayers. We know she will get through this with flying colors, just as she has before.
21 comments:
Dear Heavenly Father, I ask you to be with this family. Continue to guide them and protect them. Give Abigail the strength to endure all that is ahead of her, allow her to go through this surgery with a mighty fight. Dear Father please be with Stacie & Brian as they watch, listen and wait over the next few days of pre surgery testing, bless them with peace on the day of surgery and give them strength to walk through the days of recovery with you by their side. Dear Lord only you know their deepest fears, have mercy on them. We trust in you dear Lord to give doctors and nurses the ability to carefully attend and mend this child of yours. May her care by all those that tend to her be of the highest quality. Lord we ask that in the next few hours as this family spends at home that their hearts are filled with your love and that a sense of peace is cast upon them. You are the greatest healer and we ask in Jesus name for your hands to be upon Abigail & your arms wrapped around this family that has already gone through so much. In your name we pray. Amen.
Stacie,I love you & I am praying for your family. Call me anytime even if it is only to say nothing and cry. I am here for you across the miles. XO, ML
Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I'll say a prayer for Abby and I'm looking forward to following your blog!
Prayers go out for preperation and speedy recovery! Hang in there!!!
~Elyse~
Abigail is in my prayers, as is your entire family. I pray for peace, comfort, and superb medical wisdom.
My oldest had to go stay in the hospital for a few days when she was Abby's age and I promise she doesn't remember anything about it. They are so out of it most of the time - that when they are awake they are just so happy to see Mommy - they don't care about anything else. I will pray for you all - safe surgery and stay for Abby and I will be praying for you guys as well, because I really do think these things are so much harder on the parents than the child. Keep us posted!!
I will be thinking and praying for your family today and in the coming days. I just shed several tears myself when I read your post. And what a beautiful prayer from ML...BFFs are the best!
ML said it best! Wishing and praying for you, Brian, and Abby. The Corny's have our thoughts and prayers!
God Bless!
praying for your precious baby girl. I read your whole blog this morning. I laughed. Mostly I cried. I was blessed by your emotional strength in caring for Abby. In these next days, I'll be praying for God's presence as He works His unfathomable will in your lives.
Becky
We are thinking about you and Brian and Abby... know that you will all be in our prayers (as always!!) and we hope Abby has a short stay at the hospital and then you'll all be back home! We know Abby will once again amaze you! :)
Hugs and prayers,
H, J and Ella
We are praying for you and Abby's surgery. God will be there with her as He has always been!!
In His Love,
Jessica
She's changed so much in those last couple of pics ---- what a big girl and that red hair! So cute! Just think, soon she'll be back home from the hospital and this will all be behind her (you)! She's a little fighter and she'll get through just great .... but we're all still thinking about her. Lots of hugs and kisses and good thoughts from her Texas Clarrissimeaux family!
Our prayers and thoughts are with you! We will be thinking of you this whole time! Hang in there. You can ALL get through this together!
Love,
Mark, Kristi and Luke
Soon this will all be behind you and she will be home for good with no more hospital trips! She is a trooper and we all know she will pull through with flying colors! Much love and prayers!
she is ADORABLE!!! Praying for you all!
britt
Miss Abigail is one tough cookie! All our thoughts and prayers are with you as you face what we all hope will be her last surgery. There are arms around you everywhere!
OK checked this at work and totally cried when I saw her little face get sad because you both were sad!! I am so so so sorry that you have to go through this again!! This time it is for another GREAT REASON...to put her back together! It is just the unknown that is so scary for all of us!! She is so prayed for she will do great. I am now going to pray for you and Brian...It breaks my heart to see you both scared!!! You were the first thing I thought of when I woke up!! Joe and the kids are praying too!!
See you in a couple of days!! Hang in there!!
Love,
Diane and the gang
Lots of prayers to Abigail and your whole family.
Oh boy, she is ridiculously beautiful! How will you ever be able to say no to her?! The sad lip!!
We are praying like crazy and I am asking everyone I can think of to pray for Miss Abby. Yes, this really will be so much worse for Mommy and Daddy... Abby is a superstar and she is going to shine!
Love from the A-Team
Oh sweetie. Just know that I am praying steadfastly for you and Abigail. I can not imagine how difficult this must be. I am on my knees for you and your family...please keep us updated as best as you are able!
Much love and many prayers,
Devin
She is just so cute! Our thoughts and prayers are with you this week. Please keep us posted.
know that we are thinking about you and praying that everything is smooth for you all. We are sending light and hope your way. =)
Mark (Luke's Dad)
Post a Comment