Monday, January 12, 2009

Just another not-so-manic Monday

Brian got home from work this morning and it was already in the 70s, , heading to the 80's, so we decided to take a walk and took Abby to the beach for the first time! First we got her dressed in an outfit that I never thought she'd be able to wear (a summer outfit in her winter size)



We started at our favorite lunch spot on Main Street.



Sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the view



Had a yummy lunch and decided since



we would enjoy a little



I mean, after all, if you



We pretended to be



Well, actually, we are Irish everyday. Then we decided to take a walk out on the pier



Watched the surfers as they waited for a wave



Finally saw one get up



Noticed a guy trying to catch dinner



And a seagull lurking



Took some random pictures





Brian and Abby met a bear



And forgot to turn the flash on for a picture of me and Abby



but somehow remembered when it was Daddy's turn



Can you see Catalina behind him?

After spending some time out on the pier, we decided to head back to



but they were closed.

And someone seemed to have had enough



Little did we know that she was faking it. We got home and she proceeded to have one of the biggest meltdowns I think I've ever seen.

Can you say overstimulated?

10 comments:

Membership Required said...

too much action for that little princess. Looks like a fun day regardless. I like the pictures telling the story along with your post. Very creative. Hugs, ML

Beth said...

Okay, I'm just jealous!!! Want to trade places for the summer:)

Love the pix -- Abby is getting so big!maysaui

Homegrown Tribe said...

looks like a BEAUTIFUL day!!! love all the pictures

britt

Devin said...

Oh, I love everything about that post. It looks like a day out of my dreams! The restaurant, the water, the temps, the sun....

....everything....

....except the overstimultation.

Been there--that's no fun. :)

What a beautiful area.

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture. That's what I look like after I get home from work!

Machelle said...

Cutest thing ever! I Love how you capture it in your story! Love the pictures! I wish we could get out and about more with our little ones but since it is cold here and people are sick everywhere we rarely get out! Jealous of the weather as well! Tonight it will be in the 20's and the high is only 50 *sigh* at least we do not live up north!!

Candy said...

What gorgeous pictures - and particularly since I'm sitting in 2 feet of snow and -20 degree weather! It really is warm somewhere? enjoy! I would welcome a meltdown of about any kind right now!

Kelly said...

Cute! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Heather said...

Hi! Coming to live with you, be there soon!! I think it's FOUR out today... actually what is coming soon is that box of clothes that I told you was coming last week... it got shoved in the corner and abandoned and so NOW it's coming.

Glad you three had a great day!

Love, Heather

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

those pictures are so beautiful! im looking outside at our frozen tundra and am feeling quite jealous. :)