Monday, February 23, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

I know, I know. The project. What is it? Is it done yet? Have I been so busy working on it that I haven't even had time to blog? Well...it's almost done. And yes, every chance we get during naptimes, we have been trying to work on it, so I have not been doing much blogging. If a certain little redhead cooperates today, I should be able to post pictures a little later! I can't wait for it to be done actually, because the house has been in shambles ever since we started it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, we had a big night out Friday night. We went with some friends to see the Dropkick Murphys at the Hollywood Palladium.



I hadn't been to that "neck of the woods" in a while, and it's always fun to walk around Hollywood Blvd. and people-watch. They were getting set up for the Oscars outside of the Kodak Theatre.







The concert was a blast, and it was SO nice to be out! Not that I didn't miss this little one like crazy,



but it is nice to get out every once in a while with friends...



and my husband...



And speaking of my husband, I caught him stealing a little kiss yesterday...



She is just so in love with her Daddy. And I love watching them hang out together.



And would you check out this perfect little profile???



I mean, seriously...



I just wanna love on this little girl all day long. And, umm, hello??? Those blue eyes? This picture isn't edited at all. Look how blue her eyes are!!! Mine are so brown they are almost black, and her Daddy's are greenish-brown. And here we are with a bright-blue eyed baby! Go figure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't help but think about this blogger buddy all weekend. She just finished up an IVF cycle and had her embryo transfer last Thursday. It made me think about what I was doing last year at this time. February 21st marked the one year anniversary of my embryo transfer, when I had 4 beautiful little babes placed inside of me, resulting in...well, you know...this...



So please say a little prayer for her that one, or both, of her little babies has settled in for the next 9 months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And speaking of prayers, a special family we know needs our help. Their little guy Luke, whom we met in the NICU, is having open-heart surgery tomorrow. They knew surgery was imminent, but they didn't know it was urgent. So unexpectedly, they are in the hospital and Luke will be undergoing surgery tomorrow. As soon as he is ready for visitors, we will be heading over to the hospital to see him. But in the meantime we are keeping him in our prayers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...so hopefully I will get those pictures of the project up later. Updates on Abby's latest doctor visit is coming soon too!

6 comments:

Membership Required said...

you are alive. I was beginning to think your project ate you. Grin.

Machelle said...

She is beautiful! And yes we need to know what this project is that has been going on. I am glad you got out and about!

Devin said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see this project! I was beginning to wonder if you were ok! *wink*

The pics are great, as usual...and seriously, have I ever told you that you live in the coolest place EH-VER?

I will certainly pray for your friend, and for sweet Luke. Thanks for passing along those needs!

See you soon? Project in hand?

Anonymous said...

Hi Corntassel Family:
I was just thinking that our little "peanut" will be a whole six months old on Tuesday. It is hard to believe! She is looking more and more like her Mama ( oh Brian can take a little credit for the red hair and grandpa would like to take patial credit for the blue eyes). Her little personality is so very cute . . and those smiles : ) just melt us.
Can hardly wait to see your project complete.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

i am so flattered you mentioned me. truly, i blushed for about 30 minutes. :)

i hope my transfer ends like yours..with a beautiful baby. i mean really, abby is just BEAUTIFUL!

thanks, stacie..thank you.

Kristi said...

Thank you so much for the prayers and prayer request! We are home tonight and he is tucked into his crib and sleeping peacefully. (Thanks tylonel with codeine!) We can't wait to see you again! How does mid week sound after some of our family has headed back home?