First off, thanks to everyone for the diaper suggestions. I went through her closet and found a whole gaggle of different diaper rash creams...Desitin, Balmex, Johnsons Powder, A&D, Aquaphor, you name it, we have it! Seriously, I think I could open up my own pharmacy! Anyhow, I talked to the pediatrician last night and she said to keep using the 2 creams that the hospital sent us home with. One of them is Calmoseptine, the other a recipe of their own that includes an anti-fungal ingredient. So we are going with those and dusting some powder on top. We'll see how we do with that. Thanks for the heads-up on the wipe thing though! We had no idea not to use them. You would think the hospital would have mentioned it, but oh well. I am also trying to keep her diaper off as much as possible. As a matter of fact, she is asleep now, on her tummy, little red tushie naked in the air. Hopefully she will stay asleep for a while to air that little tushie out!
On to Operation Crib. Yeah. Remember my strategy? Cold-turkey when we get home from the hospital? Out of the PNP and into the crib? Well, on our first night home, I just didn't have it in me to put her in her own room where she had never slept before, so she slept on me. But last night? Last night I decided to try the crib. I put her in there at 8:30pm. Well guess what??? She slept straight through until 7am this morning! She didn't make a peep! I checked on her several times and she was just snoring away. And get this, she slept on her tummy the whole time! Thanks to the AngelCare monitor suggested by Beth and Machelle, we had the peace of mind to let her sleep on her tummy and look what it got us...an uninterrupted night's sleep.
And do you want to know the best part? As soon as I put her down, I went to bed too! That's right folks! In bed at 8:30, up at 7am too. I am more rested than I have been since back when I was on bedrest. Wahoo!!!
9 comments:
Nothing but big smiles here! Rest does a body good egh? Glad things are going so well!
I so need to do that!
poor little butt! Yeah on the goodnights sleep!
britt
Here's a big tip on the fanny healing---use the air from a hairdryer to dry her little fanny after each change. Obviously, you have to keep some distance, but it a pediatrician tip I have used on all four of mine! Use only water to wipe her and BLOT dry with a gauze pad or something and blow dry. Her little fanny will be all better in no time! Gla dthe surgery went well and you are getting some sleep---don't stop the crib deal now---never look back!
Go mommy go....now you both can get some real rest. Dont be fooled though once she feels 100% she might pull the ole...I cant sleep with out you stuff....that's when you will have to really hold your ground. Good luck clearing up that rash sounds so ouchy! Careful too with the dusting of the powder as they say powder can lead to asthma in babies. Get some more rest mommy you need it. Hugs. ML
wow, that is impressive..on abbys end and yours!
woah woah woah....sleeping through the night?! I need some tips! Mine still eat at night *sigh* Gosh I am jealous! Yay for crib!!!
You go girls! VERY Impressed!!!
~Elyse~
That's AWESOME!! Yay for both of you....we girls need our beauty rest!!
Post a Comment