Hi Baby! This is my first letter to you. I should write more often, I know. Anyways...you are going to be 15 weeks old on Sunday! We just can't believe it. Time is flying by. And just so you know, your adjusted age will be 4 weeks. I wanted to give you a recap of what we did this week. First off, we met with the Regional Center. Remember them? They will be providing any therapies you may need...physical, occupational, speech...etc. Not that we think you will need them, but these are things we need to stay on top of. As of today, we are still waiting for an assessment of your development and a recommendation for future visits. We also saw the eye doctor this week...and you were released! Yay for you! Your eyes are completely normal for your adjusted age. We made an appointment with a pediatric opthamologist in 3 months to check for any nearsightedness or farsightedness...but I am confident that you can see just perfectly. The good news is, there is no longer a chance for ROP. You are out of the woods baby.
I am sure I don't have to remind you of this, as you still have the bandaids on your legs to prove it, but you had a couple of vaccinations at the doctor's office yesterday. Yes, I am one of THOSE moms who still believes in immunizations. Sorry honey. You weighed in at a whopping 8 pounds 11 ounces! Holy cow are you getting to be a big girl. You were 20.5 inches tall. That's 6 pounds 7 ounces bigger than your birth weight and 6 inches taller than your height at birth. You also showed Dr. Pepek that your walking reflexes are in tact. Daddy and I thought you looked like you were ready to run a marathon. Ok...well, maybe not a marathon...but you are definitely showing signs that you are going to get those little legs going when you are ready to.
This week your personality really started to show. Just this morning we saw what we thought might be a smile...and not because you were pooping! You love getting little kisses on your cheeks. I think that makes you smile. You've also been practicing holding your head up. You LOVE looking at yourself in the mirror, which I think is just adorable. And as it's been since the beginning, you can still yell like nobody's business when you are mad at us.
You continue to amaze your Daddy and me with your progress. You are such a strong little girl. Every day you make us proud. You have changed our lives in a way I never thought was possible. In the few short months you have been with us, we have fallen madly in love with you. You make our days brighter. You make our happy family happier. Now, here are some pictures we took of you this week. We love you baby!
Love,
Mom




7 comments:
I absolutely love it when you post pix of your gorgeous baby girl! Congrats on your SAHM status - it's the absolute best and hardest job you'll ever have! I've also been writing to Braydon, but I've been keeping it in a journal so he can have it once he's older:) I love your letter to your daughter. Braydon's first letter from me (and daddy) is in his baby book!
Big Girl.Sweet letter. XO, ML
TOO CUTE! Question? How much is she eating?! She is gaining so fast! I think she will pass my girls here soon if she keeps it up!
Oh my goodness. She is just totally and completely beautiful.
:-)
What a sweet letter to your daughter.
So happy she is doing so well! That is fantastic! Continue to enjoy this time with her! I can't believe how fast they grow!
She is beautiful! And obviously a trooper too!
xoxo
So happy for you both that she is doing so well. I can't help but follow your amazing journey. Congratulations Abigail!!!!
Look at that big girl trying to hold her head up! She's growing so, so fast! Good job Mommy and Daddy.
Love the letter and she will too.
Post a Comment