Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's Bath Time!

Abigail had her first bath today. Good thing because she was a little stinky yesterday (and I say that only with the deepest mother's love.) Actually, it was her bag that was stinky (think poopie diaper), but Nurse Mandy changed that today too. The little stinker weighs a whopping 2 pounds 15 ounces and is up to 15cc's of milk every 3 hours. They add fortifier to give her more calories and she is tolerating it well. In 3 days she will be on full feeds and then comes bottle-feeding! Can you believe it? She will also have her pick line removed when she is on full feeds, so no more invasive IV! The bottle-feeding will be a slow process, starting with 1 feeding a day, but hopefully she will pick it up quickly so we can break her out of there and bring her home. I am already thinking about Halloween costumes (Planters Peanut anyone?), although they can't promise she'll be home by then. How can I resist dressing her up, no matter where she is???

So, last night I was talking to her cousin Hannah on the phone. She's 5. She asked me where the baby was and I told her "in the hospital". She said "Will she be home in time to come to my birthday party? I really want her to be there." Is that the sweetest thing ever? By the way her birthday isn't until November 20th...plenty of time to get the Peanut big enough to come home. :-)

Well, it was such a treat to see her today during bath time because she was disconnected from all of her wires and leads. Such a treat that I went a little crazy taking pictures. Let me apologize in advance for how many I posted, but I just can't pick a favorite.

















4 comments:

Machelle said...

yay for first bath! And bottle feeds wow!!! She will be home before you know it! I am so thrilled she is doing so well. It amazes me how great the little ones do when they should still be in our ovens. I think it is weird that I should still be pregnant and they are 7 weeks old!!! So happy for you!

Membership Required said...

What a special time. Great photos. Always love to see them. Hopefully I will be able to post more soon. I again am trying to get a "fix." I made a small update on my blog tonight. Sorry i didnt call tonight but we had to empty the fridge and clean it out then go to the store and stock up. The stores shelves are bare so it was hard to do. But I still managed to spend well over 150.00 We had to do all of this after the babies were in bed for night so that it could all get done. Talk to you soon. XO to you and Abigail!!!

Anonymous said...

It so much fun to see Abby without all of the wires, etc.  She looks like she liked the idea of being sans diapers and wires.  I think she changes every day!  Looks like her hair is growing out a little  too.She is such a little sweetie. I spent several minutes just looking at each photo.  She is so cute looking straight her parents with those big eyes. We think Planters must have the appropriate costume for her.  She'll be ready to break out there to do a little "trick or treating". Our love to all,  Grandma and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful little girl ... and what a fighter! Really special to hear all the good news ... we're all pulling for Miss Abigail.