As for my recovery, it's not going as smoothly as we hoped. I have been in a lot of pain and have had a fever every night since being discharged, so last night we decided to go back to the ER. It turns out some fluid has collected behind my uterus, which they think is what is causing all the pain and fevers. They have put me on IV antibiotics, but luckily I can have them administered once a day as an outpatient. They will do another CT scan next week to see if the antibiotics are working. If not, I will have to have another surgery to remove the fluid, so we are praying that the antibiotics do the trick. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.
Here's some photos from today's visit, including our first family photo! I know, I know...I look like crap...but who cares!?!? Is she adorable or what???

Kangaroo care with Daddy...

Mommy and Abigail...

Nurse Mandy...
4 comments:
Holy Smokes! Lord please rest you healing hands upon this sweet new mommy. Allow her to heal and spare her another hospital stay with surgery. Bless her dear Lord with the good health and rest that she needs to have in order to be 100% for Abigail. Please allow the doctors to have correct guidance in planning a recovery plan for her and if need be a surgical plan. Lord please continue to be with Abigail, continue to bless her with daily improvements and a life time of happiness. Finally dear Lord please grant this family peace in all they have had to go through and all that is yet to come. Amen
Great pictures by the way!!! Love them all.
Hi Corntassel Family! Stace, I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well yet. As much as I loved spending time with you at the hospital, I don't want to see you back here again! :) The pictures from this week are amazing. Your message about holding and cuddling her to sleep caused tears to, literally, stream down my face. I am so happy for all of you. I will continue to pray that you are healed and feeling much better soon and that Abigail continues on her amazing road to being a healthy, happy little girl! Hope to see you soon! Love, Erin (and Nick)
P.S. Thank you again for the Angels tickets...we had so much fun and thought of you guys! We'll have to all go together next season...Abigail too! :)
Stacie, Brian, and Abigail!
I am holding you in my thoughts every day and have been following along on the miracle of your perfect little girl! She is just amazing. I know that you will get through these next steps just as you've been doing all along. I'm rooting for you from the East Coast and send my love!
Thank you for keeping all of us posted and the pictures are beautiful!
Love, Lexi
Post a Comment