Friday, September 5, 2008

Just another day in the Corny life...

A summary of today's events:

9am - phone rings. Doc says be at the hospital at 10:30 for an ultrasound

10:30am - ultrasound tech gives results to radiologist. Doc calls ultrasound room and tells me I need to have a D&C...TODAY.

11:30am - appointment with Infectious disease doc to consult about D&C

12:30pm - left ID doc and went to OB doc's office to discuss D&C. We need to check into the hospital at 2:30pm.

1:00pm - need to go to pharmacy to pick up a pill before surgery.

1:30pm - arrive at outpatient treatment center for IV infusion of antibiotics (we do this every day for the next 10 days). They gave me the option of an IM injection (in the rear) instead of IV which takes an hour. I went for the injection...much easier!

2:30pm - admitted to Hoag yet again for another surgery under general anesthesia. Having a D&C to clean out the uterus and hopefully get rid of any infection. Hopefully no complications so I can go home.

5:00pm-ish - taken to OR.

7:00pm-ish - in recovery. They didn't find much in the uterus but a couple of blood clots. Hopefully they got any placenta that may have been left over from c-section.

9:00pm - Brian can finally bring me home. Stop for a happy meal on the way.

9:30pm - Just got an update on Abigail. She gained 20 grams today! Still off the nasal cannula and has not had any de-sats or bradys today. Missing her terribly and I'm brokenhearted that we couldn't see her today. Need to get a good night's rest now so we can go there first thing in the morning. Can't stop missing her and feeling terrible for not seeing her.

Just another day in the life...hopefully I am now finally on the mend. Will take lots of pics tomorrow. I think Grandpa Larry is coming to visit.

I'm pooped.

2 comments:

Membership Required said...

What a day you had! I hope they have solved some issues for you so you can mend and bounce right back. I am hoping that you have a wonderful Saturday with Abigail!!!
Hugs, ML

Machelle said...

Goodness! Hopefully they got everything that was causing the infection! Glad Abigail is doing so well!!! Get well soon hun!