Since she came home Daddy and I have been double-teaming her, but today it was game on. One-on-one. Mano y mano. Abby vs. Mommy. And to be honest, she kicked my butt.
My goal today...my only goal...was to keep her up and playing because she has her days and nights all mixed up and Daddy and I need a good night's sleep. That's not hard, right? To keep her up and playing?
Here's how it went...

Yes, that's right. That's her. Right now. Right next to me. Sleeping as peacefully as ever. I guess THAT plan backfired. Score one point for Abigail.
We did play for a while. In the rainforest.

The rainforest was great, until she got hungry. Then she yelled at me. And when I say yelled, I mean Y-E-L-L-E-D. With a capital Y. Who knew someone so tiny could have a voice so big? So even though it wasn't time for a bottle, I caved and gave her one. Score another point for Abigail.
And did I mention how messed up her meal schedule is now? Way to go Mom.
I guess all in all, you could say we survived the day. Nothing got broken. No one got hurt. All is still as it should be. Well, sort of. So that pile...e'hem...mountain, of CLEAN laundry there in the corner didn't get put away yet.

And ok, so now the CLEAN laundry might just be buried under some new DIRTY laundry. And that bag there, on the floor. I guess I could have picked that up. It's left there from last night, when I tore apart the closet looking for something to wear to Jeff and Susan's wedding this weekend. An hour and 4 dresses later...and I've decided to go shopping tomorrow.
And those bottles. I swear they are multiplying. There's one right here next to me.

And there's one. Right there. On the floor. See it? Across the room from where I usually sit to feed her? How'd that get there?

And hello?!?! Is that another one? There by the UNMADE bed?

Geezo. I guess it is. I guess I should stop blogging now. I guess I should get this mess cleaned up. Before Abby wakes up for the night.
And one last thing...does it matter that it's 6:15pm and neither of us are out of our PJs yet?
9 comments:
Ha, Ha, welcome to MOTHERHOOD my dear dear best friend! You must READ the book I sent you....chances are she wasnt hungry but overly tired. She wont start to have her days and nights figured out until about 8 weeks and so if you adjust her age...you have some weeks to go. It always seemed as if Campbell did double of what she was suppose to and she was only 5 weeks early. SO when she was to have a growth spurt at say 8 weeks it seemed like 8 weeks later she went through another. Double duty when you adjust that age. But seriously before you know it you'll be on top of it all. An old pro! The PJ part...sometimes they just stay on...motherhood days tend to pretty much all seem the same...running one day into the next. Enjoy because these are precious times. Hugs, ML
PS. READ the book.
Stac,
That is the funniest thing I have ever read... I was laughing out loud... Enjoy,that is what housekeepers and family visiting are for---helping clean up! haha!! Sounds like you guys had a perfect day. You shared it together and she got you 100%.
Have Fun...
Vigil's
That is the funniest blog. We mommies are right there with ya! I just got 4 loads of laundry folded yesterday and they're still sitting in their baskets and not even close to being put away:)
Braydon had his days and nights mixed up too, but it'll get straightend out sooner or later... or you'll just get used to your newfound lack of sleep regimen (just teasing).
Abagail is GORGEOUS and I so look forward to all of your new posts!
Here's a few things a friend once shared with me...
You know you're a mommy when:
you step out of the shower and can't remember if you've washed your hair
when you step out of the shower with soap still in your hair
When you've gone an entire day without changing your clothes and are covered in spit up and pee, with a side of poopie:)and could not care less
When you wear your PJs to run errands
Okay, I'll stop there, just thought it'd be fun to share the sillies:)
PS I agree with ML about the PJ days.
Your post made me smile. Yup, isn't life just perfect? All of that other stuff just doesn't seem to matter when you have that GORGEOUS little girl sleeping peacefully beside you! She's the only thing that matters. As long as you've got extra bottles... why wash? Stare at her and play with her and nap with her... the chores can wait. You deserve a pj day any day! =) For now, it's lots of makeup to hide the bags under your eyes. I hope she gets that schedule figured out soon! =)
That was hilarious... babies tend to laugh at our well-planned schedules...well, laugh and... sleep. And cry. I hear ya about the bottles. At least you found empty ones... by the way, my dryer is my dresser too, in first grade Arline had to write about her daily schedule and it started with "I get my school clothes out of the dryer..." Oh dear.
Hang in there, sounds like everything is 100% normal!! PJs, laundry, bottles, the whole enchilada. Mmm... enchiladas.
HAHA! That is too cute! Welcome my dear! It does get better and you do start to get your sanity eventually once you get a routine down. I sometimes STILL have days where I do not know where I am going or what I am doing because I am in such a haze. I am told these days go by fast but I think we get them a little longer with preemies!!!
This is an awesome post! I am just going to copy and paste this onto my blog!!! If I just change a couple details (bottles to burp cloths; Abigail to Luke) I can pretend I wrote it!
I've been lurking and praying but don't think I've commented. Dirty laundry, jammies til evening, lots of bottles around...welcome to motherhood. Enjoy every single pile and mess because when Abigail's grown up, you'll have time. And she'll still be kickin your butt, as well as your heart. She's absolutely beautiful! God bless.
I couldn't help but laugh at your post. Welcome to Motherhood! Yes, it is crazy...but Awesome! And of course you have your priorities straight...play with baby first, ALWAYS...and heck, no one knows if you are wearing dirty clothes (unless of course you stink or there is 3 days worth of spit up stains on it). Who says spending all day in PJs is bad...at least you didn't have to waste energy changing into them to get ready for bed. Enjoy that adroable baby!
Post a Comment