
Pacifier!!! See that? My big girl is holding her own pacifier. How cool is THAT?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So we met with Dr. German yesterday. He's Abigail's surgeon, umm...lifesaver more like it. Anyhow, it turns out he would like to wait until Abby is 50 weeks (gestational age, if there is such a thing), before he "puts her back together" (who is she, Humpty Dumpty???). Research shows that they do better after 50 weeks. They tend not to revert back to their preemie ways as much. You know, like having to learn how to eat again. And learn how to breathe again. So it looks like sometime in February we will have to go back to the hospital for a couple of weeks. But she will have her intestines re-attached and be rid of the colostomy for good. I am dreading the day I have to take her back there, but on the other hand, to actually have a poopie diaper to change will be a blessing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An update on me...I got dressed yesterday! Yay me! And thanks to my wonderful husband, the pile (mountain) of clean (dirty) clothes is finally put away. As for sleep, well, sleep is over-rated, isn't it?
Oh! I forgot to mention...I got a super-cute dress for the wedding from White House Black Market. Umm, L-O-V-E that store. I needed it like I need a hole in the head, but what the heck? A little post-pregnancy splurge won't hurt, right? I mean, it's not like I had the easiest pregnancy. I deserve a new dress, darnit. And one of these days, I might even try to stop justifying it.
4 comments:
I also LOVE that store! I STILL haven't shopped for myself, so once things pick up money wise, I'm going to go crazy!!!
Make sure to post pix of you in your dress:)
By the by, are you taking Abby with you to the wedding or will she be with a sitter?
Paci baby...guess your getting hooked. I should have sent the item that I found...maybe I'll go back and get it. Any how, how fun you got to go shopping. Have fun at the wedding...dont worry daddy will do a good job I am sure. Keep us posted on the upcoming surgery...is it the same type of surgery that Beth's friends baby (jude) had? I will be praying for y'all. Did I just say "y'all"
Guess it's official..I have become a Texan. Hugs, ML
You absolutely deserve it!! I love that store too... I dream of one day fitting back into their clothes :)
Your sweet girl is doing SO well! Praise the Lord!
I felt the same way with Aubrey's hernia surgery. I was a nervous wreck. You can't help it after everything that they've gone through just to get to this point. Not to mention how much the mommy has gone through. =) I'm hoping it will go well.
Post a Comment