It's been 3 days since we brought Abigail home and with the exception of sleepless nights, we're doing OK! Not that I didn't think we would be, but she is such an easy baby. She sleeps A-L-O-T! I guess that's what she should be doing considering she's still a month away from her due date. The sleepless nights are purely my fault. As I suspected I would, I find myself checking on her about every two minutes to make sure she is still breathing. Can you say paranoid???
Anyhow, yesterday we went to the pediatrician. She didn't do much but weigh her and ask questions about her medical history. It was pretty uneventful. If you can believe it, she is a big 4 pounds 3 ounces. And she is 17.5 inches long. She started at 2p 4oz and 14.5 inches. It's amazing how big she is getting...and how quickly she is doing it. She has already outgrown some of her clothes, which almost makes me a little sad. Weird, huh?
So yesterday it was the ped, today the eye doc. She had to have her eyes dilated and then they repeated that horrible eye exam. Daddy and I stayed in the room with her this time, but couldn't watch. As usual, she took it like a champ and there's still no sign of ROP, so once again...another great day!
The plan for tomorrow is pictures. I want to take lots of pictures.
7 comments:
I'm so happy that she's doing so well. Our baby was term and we had sleepless nights for the very same reason:)
I look forward to seeing more pix of you precious baby Abigail!
That's great that Abigial is doing so well.I hate to tell you this, but at a year old, I still check on Aubrey countless times a night. I do believe we've been through a lot and if it makes you feel better, check on her a million times! =) Is she on any monitors? That was the scariest part for me... not having the technology to tell me she was safe. Can't wait to see photos of the peanut! Yah for the weight gain by the way!
Congratulations on Abigail coming home and doing so well! It sounds like she is growing perfectly!
My four children range in age from 17yrs old to my baby turning 2yrs old tomorrow. I STILL check on each of them several times a night. My oldest daughter has a heart condition (which she just had surgery for last week) so for years I've used that as my "excuse" to check on them during the night....but the truth is that I love to check on my sleeping precious children and know someday those beds will be empty and they will be sleeping in their own homes. I love to peek at their beautiful faces as they sleep while I whisper how much I love them after I kiss their sweet cheeks in their sleep.
Caring for a newborn can cause extreme exhaustion, but it's the best reason to be exhausted, IMO!!
Enjoy that precious baby girl!
gaining weight for a good reason....mmmm wish I had that problem. Grin. way to go Abigail.
Oh the newborn stage...gotta love it...every moment. Before you know it she will be six months and you'll say wow remember when. Cant wait to see some pictures...try some video.
Hugs. ML
Sounds like you're having a nice typical time with a newborn!! Yes, I still check on the kids at eight years and under - heck I still check on my husband LOL! Perfectly normal! (Well, I'm probably not, but that behavior is...)
So glad you're home! So happy for you! Looking forward to more pics of Miss Abby!
Love, Heather
I'm so glad things are going well!
Yes, they do grow so fast! I look at pics from when they were born and I am like "wow, were they really that small?!" I am so happy she is home!!!! They had their eye appt today. Hated every minute of it PLUS it went through their feed time so were so cranky! But everything is great with their eyes and no more follow ups! So hopefully yours goes the same! And, the checking on them does get better! I only have to do it right before I fall asleep after their feeds at night. Just put a hand on them to make sure they are breathing haha.
Oh also! Enjoy the time of her sleeping all the time now. She will outgrow that FAST and you will not know what to do! lol
Post a Comment