Monday, October 13, 2008

Have you seen this Pooh?



Name: Winnie the Pooh
Age: 1 day old
Date of birth (aka: inflated): 10/12/08
Missing since: 10/12/08

Pooh was last seen at approximately 9pm last night, wearing a red t-shirt and carrying a bouquet of pink balloons. He was last seen floating above the steps on our front porch. His pink balloons were found unharmed. If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of this missing bear, please leave a comment on this blog.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, in all seriousness...are you kidding me? Some passer-by actually stole our Winnie the Pooh balloon??? At first we thought that maybe he just couldn't hold on tight enough because of the crazy Santa Ana winds, but after some careful forensics work completed by Detective Daddy, it was concluded that the ribbon that tied him to the porch was cleanly severed by some sort of sharp object. Maybe scissors. Maybe a pocketknife. The weapon has not yet been (and probably never will be) recovered.

The motive as well, is still unknown. All fingers point to a parent passing by who just wanted to please their child. Or possibly a silly prankster.

3 comments:

Membership Required said...

I say when you catch the thief he gets held with no honey! I am still so darn happy that Abigail is home....enjoy it all! ML

Machelle said...

that is odd about the balloon *sigh* people these days. But, I have not congratulated you yet!! WOOHOO! I can not believe she is home? What was she weighing?? I am so happy for you! How does it feel mommy?

Anonymous said...

i saw a rather suspicious looking character lurking about the front steps. Small build, squinty eyes, long whiskers, and rather furry, meowing something about a missing bed...